The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Parents of Durham University 2022 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymousmum100

But presumably one cannot enrol until an email has been received from the university regarding enrolment?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
The timetable was pretty empty for DS and came on an email and you had to click on a link and enter course and College etc.

Ooo we definitely have not had that. Wonder when we may get that, mind you only completed the enrolment today so maybe will get that soon
Original post by Anonymousmum100

Thanks for the link.
Presumably enrolment can only take place once an enrolment email has been sent out from the university? Is anyone else still waiting to receive their enrolment email?
My son was allocated Trevs a while back but we have had no confirmation from the college post results. He has received his acceptance ID and his enrolment email, but nothing more than that. I expect getting details about the course modules will come soon. But I am really hoping to hear about accommodation this week. It’s unnerving not hearing from his college yet!
I'm glad we're not the only ones waiting on confirmation of college allocation and to receive an accommodation preference form. I was beginning to think that reallocation was on the cards. Maybe it still is, but the fact that not all the colleges have sent stuff out makes me think it's just slower than we might have hoped.

For anyone looking for an outline timetable, you can enter your definite/presumed college and your faculty and you get a timetable of events.

I don't think I can post links, so go to the dur dot ac dot uk website then forward slash then add this: experience/welcome/planner/

In case links works - use this: https://www.dur.ac.uk/experience/welcome/planner/
Hi, has your son or daughter received their 4-digit UCAS code yet for use with setting up a student bank account?
Found it the 4-digit UCAS code. Your son/ daughter can find it in their UCAS hub by clicking on their application and select important information. 👍🏻

Original post by JollyMum
Hi, has your son or daughter received their 4-digit UCAS code yet for use with setting up a student bank account?
Original post by JollyMum

On UCAS, click on your application/offer. There should be various links, one of which is banking information. You should find the code in there.
Thank you! The link did work 😊🎉 - that was helpful!

I'm glad we're not the only ones waiting on confirmation of college allocation and to receive an accommodation preference form. I was beginning to think that reallocation was on the cards. Maybe it still is, but the fact that not all the colleges have sent stuff out makes me think it's just slower than we might have hoped.

For anyone looking for an outline timetable, you can enter your definite/presumed college and your faculty and you get a timetable of events.

I don't think I can post links, so go to the dur dot ac dot uk website then forward slash then add this: experience/welcome/planner/

In case links works - use this: https://www.dur.ac.uk/experience/welcome/planner/
One tip

Even if he isn’t taking his passport make sure he has a good photo of it (and driving license and birth certificate) on his phone.

Where I work we can’t accept driving license without birth certificate for enrolment but photographs of passport etc are usually ok if the students don’t have all the documents with them.

plus having a photo of those IDs are often helpful for other purposes (even if he manages to lose his driving license).
Original post by PQ
If a student doesn’t “need” an interest free overdraft then they should still get one and transfer the interest free overdraft amount into a high interest savings account/bond. Over 3 years there’s quite a bit of interest to be earned and it’s a zero cost “loan” that might be helpful for deposits on rental contracts etc after graduation (most student accounts will extend some or taper down the interest free overdraft after graduation - I still have my student overdraft (£1,750) on my account from 25 years ago)

Good idea, depending on your financial circumstances, and whether you can find a 'high interest savings account' at the moment.
Original post by LRC1000
My son was allocated Trevs a while back but we have had no confirmation from the college post results. He has received his acceptance ID and his enrolment email, but nothing more than that. I expect getting details about the course modules will come soon. But I am really hoping to hear about accommodation this week. It’s unnerving not hearing from his college yet!

My son is allocated Trevs, he got the email regarding his accomodation the day after he accepted the place (email received last Friday), he did say he thought it went in his junk mail though, so make sure your son has checked there
My son is allocated Trevs, he got the email regarding his accomodation the day after he accepted the place (email received last Friday), he did say he thought it went in his junk mail though, so make sure your son has checked there

Thank you.
He received a general accommodation one, where he stated his room preference etc, but it wasn’t from Trevs. I am wondering if I should reach out to Trevs yet, or be more patient… I am now asking Leo to check spam emails too (I think he may be getting fed up with my daily Durham enquiries!).
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by LRC1000
Thank you.
He received a general accommodation one, where he stated his room preference etc, but I don’t think it was from Trevs specifically (and he can’t remember!). I am now asking him to check spam emails too (I think he may be getting fed up with my daily Durham enquiries!).

Sorry my last post, posted as anonymous. Yes that is the form he got, it is just a general accomodation form, but had to say what he liked to do, and what he wanted in a housemate (but he said it was from Trevs., I am trying to let him sort everything himself, so not 100% sure!!!). He hasn't received anything else about accomodation other than doing that form. My son is definately getting sick of my daily durham enquiries !!!. UPDATE: I have just looked at the email he got, and the form he filled in was definately sent from admissions @ Trevs, that is the only email he has received from Trevs
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi Has anyone received any information when the Advanced Rent Payment (£200 deposit) needs to be paid? Does anyone know when to expect this information. Presumably this would mean that the colleges have confirmed what accommodation they have allocated us. Would it be by direct debit? (which can take weeks to set up). We are in the middle of trying to sort out student bank account. Thanks.
Hi Has anyone received any information when the Advanced Rent Payment (£200 deposit) needs to be paid? Does anyone know when to expect this information. Presumably this would mean that the colleges have confirmed what accommodation they have allocated us. Would it be by direct debit? (which can take weeks to set up). We are in the middle of trying to sort out student bank account. Thanks.

(Original post by Anonymous)
I am guessing when the licence agreement comes out next week we will have the information to pay as signing that secures their room. Room number etc they won’t know until just before they move in which I think is a shame, it would have been nice for them to know and then maybe be able to set up chats with the people they would be sharing with.
Thanks for that. I'm guessing that each college will send out rent information separately. Has anyone else received any information? We completed the accommodation form last Friday (19th) and haven't heard anything, not even a confirmation email that they have received it. Just a little worried that the submitted form has disappeared into the internet void. We are at Castle btw. Thanks
Thanks for that. I'm guessing that each college will send out rent information separately. Has anyone else received any information? We completed the accommodation form last Friday (19th) and haven't heard anything, not even a confirmation email that they have received it. Just a little worried that the submitted form has disappeared into the internet void. We are at Castle btw. Thanks

Hi we have not heard since but did email my sons college and they said allocation is being processed and licence agreements will be sent soon
Hi. We are Josephine Butler where all rooms are the same. Therefore, we didn’t get an accommodation preference form. Instead, we received yesterday an offer of accommodation stating the room type and giving us the licence agreement to read and details on paying the £200 fee which needs doing within 7 days of receipt of the email. Payment was made online via card. Hope that helps.
Just found this parent's thread - great idea as we try to help them get ready for so much change!
DS had accomm form from St Cuts which he returned the same day. Waiting to hear which he is allocated to - catered or self catering. Just seen the post about suits for metriculation...is this a requirement? Where did you find this out? Does he need a suit for other occasions like formals etc? Or trousers and blazer? So many questions and reducing timescales = a little stressed!

Quick Reply

Latest