The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I've failed miserably. I didn't revise and as a result couldn't answer much of the questions. Damn. I've figured I've lost around 36 marks. AAAARRRGHHHH!!! To make matters even worse, it didn't seem that difficult.
Reply 2
I found most of it ok but i got part of the amino question wrong and failed the nmr question!
Is this the Salters spec?
Reply 4
No its OCR
Reply 5
i thought overall it was ok, nothing on the new bits of the syllabus like making acyl chlorides. It twisted the nmr question a bit from the normal, just explain it, cos u had to compare 2, and D2O was used and the bonding in the benzene intermediate was hard. In essence tho, if u had looked at the past papers and mark schemes it was like most others.
Ooh, my friend was trying to tell my what nmr is the other day. :biggrin: Bet she'll be pleased that came up... :smile:
Reply 7
What did you all put for the intermediate pie bonding Q about how many electrons in the ring or something?
Reply 8
i got 6 for benzene and 4 for the intermediete, guessed them though

For the optical isomer question, where u had to draw the mirror images of an amino acid, did you have to use one of the examples given at the start of the question, because i just suck in CH3 as my R group. I swear it sed using an amino acid example, not using one of the given examples, but people tell me different :redface:
Ah right, im on OCR Salters and we did a paper this morning, which included questions on Amino acids and NMR, so from above i thought that might be what you were talking about.
Reply 10
Sharma
i got 6 for benzene and 4 for the intermediete, guessed them though

For the optical isomer question, where u had to draw the mirror images of an amino acid, did you have to use one of the examples given at the start of the question, because i just suck in CH3 as my R group. I swear it sed using an amino acid example, not using one of the given examples, but people tell me different :redface:

I'm pretty sure it said using examples from earlier in the question.
Reply 11
Was it me or on the syndiotactic Q wasn't the arrangement in fig 5.1 isotactic cos all the substituents were on one side of the carbon chain? I think that they referred to it as atactic?
Reply 12
charlz
Was it me or on the syndiotactic Q wasn't the arrangement in fig 5.1 isotactic cos all the substituents were on one side of the carbon chain? I think that they referred to it as atactic?

Yeah it was atactic....although, yes, the side-chains were on one side of the polymer chain, but it wasnt a regular arrangement, like isotatic, it was just random.

Latest

Trending

Trending