OCR Chemistry exam C&R&S wot did you think?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
sash37uk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
It was quite difficult werent it? nuthin on testing for carbonyl compounds!
marirah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've failed miserably. I didn't revise and as a result couldn't answer much of the questions. Damn. I've figured I've lost around 36 marks. AAAARRRGHHHH!!! To make matters even worse, it didn't seem that difficult.
sash37uk
Rep:
?
I found most of it ok but i got part of the amino question wrong and failed the nmr question!
vickyrkenya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is this the Salters spec?
sash37uk
Rep:
?
No its OCR
ryanm
Report 15 years ago
i thought overall it was ok, nothing on the new bits of the syllabus like making acyl chlorides. It twisted the nmr question a bit from the normal, just explain it, cos u had to compare 2, and D2O was used and the bonding in the benzene intermediate was hard. In essence tho, if u had looked at the past papers and mark schemes it was like most others.
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ooh, my friend was trying to tell my what nmr is the other day. Bet she'll be pleased that came up...
charlz
Report 15 years ago
What did you all put for the intermediate pie bonding Q about how many electrons in the ring or something?
Pete.S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i got 6 for benzene and 4 for the intermediete, guessed them though

For the optical isomer question, where u had to draw the mirror images of an amino acid, did you have to use one of the examples given at the start of the question, because i just suck in CH3 as my R group. I swear it sed using an amino acid example, not using one of the given examples, but people tell me different
vickyrkenya
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ah right, im on OCR Salters and we did a paper this morning, which included questions on Amino acids and NMR, so from above i thought that might be what you were talking about.
charlz
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sharma)
i got 6 for benzene and 4 for the intermediete, guessed them though

For the optical isomer question, where u had to draw the mirror images of an amino acid, did you have to use one of the examples given at the start of the question, because i just suck in CH3 as my R group. I swear it sed using an amino acid example, not using one of the given examples, but people tell me different
I'm pretty sure it said using examples from earlier in the question.
charlz
Report 15 years ago
Was it me or on the syndiotactic Q wasn't the arrangement in fig 5.1 isotactic cos all the substituents were on one side of the carbon chain? I think that they referred to it as atactic?
theicon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by charlz)
Was it me or on the syndiotactic Q wasn't the arrangement in fig 5.1 isotactic cos all the substituents were on one side of the carbon chain? I think that they referred to it as atactic?
Yeah it was atactic....although, yes, the side-chains were on one side of the polymer chain, but it wasnt a regular arrangement, like isotatic, it was just random.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (215)
38.46%
Take autumn exams (167)
29.87%
Look for a job (19)
3.4%
Consider an apprenticeship (22)
3.94%
Take a year out (102)
18.25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
6.08%

Watched Threads