The Student Room Group

Visiting Cambridge - seems boring?

Recently I got an offer to read Mathematics at Girton college which was the college I chose originally.
So, the problem: I visited Girton a few weeks ago and it felt dead, and very boring... It's been my dream to go to Cambridge since I was little but now I feel like it may have been missplaced? I did visit on a Sunday so I don't know if that changes how active or lively it would be but it seemed quiet... Compared to the other places I've applied to, it seemed very dull and I don't know if I could live and exist there for the next stage of my life.

Question: Am I worrying for nothing or is it not misplaced? Should I think about not putting the offer as one of my UCAS choices and think about the other unis I applied to? (3 of them are semi equivalent to Cambridge)
Original post by Quackerz
Recently I got an offer to read Mathematics at Girton college which was the college I chose originally.
So, the problem: I visited Girton a few weeks ago and it felt dead, and very boring... It's been my dream to go to Cambridge since I was little but now I feel like it may have been missplaced? I did visit on a Sunday so I don't know if that changes how active or lively it would be but it seemed quiet... Compared to the other places I've applied to, it seemed very dull and I don't know if I could live and exist there for the next stage of my life.

Question: Am I worrying for nothing or is it not misplaced? Should I think about not putting the offer as one of my UCAS choices and think about the other unis I applied to? (3 of them are semi equivalent to Cambridge)

Can you visit on a weekday? A lot of places are quiet on a Sunday, especially in winter. You don't have to decide on your firm yet so I'd go again. Where else have you applied?
Reply 2
Ive applied to Cambridge, Imperial, Warwick, St Andrews and Bath.
Currently I've visited Imperial and Cambridge and have offers from Cambridge and Bath.
When I visited Imperial it seemed a lot more hectic and 'fun'.
That being said, I have visited Cambridge during the week at night time and It was chaotic and fun, but I'm more wondering if the college building is going to get any more fun...
cambridge isn't boring. it's a student city and all i see is students everywhere which should make you feel welcome. also it's got lots of shops, churches and has a good range of culture. i love it. i love the buildings too! it feels so safe and feels so close to home. u will like it when u visit the city centre!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending