The Student Room Group

University of Leeds A100 2022 entry offer holders thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone. I’m repeating year 1 due to some unfortunate family circumstances (gutted as I did nearly the full year). If you have any questions about the course feel free to ask :smile:.

Peace ✌️
Same boat as you! Got an unconditional offer after rejection. Im an international student so everything seems daunting to me too.

Original post by 15Kjosh
ahh ok thank you, I was thinking of cityside which I believe is right next to central village anyway. Everything just seems really daunting atm since I'm from London
What is the tentative fees for Leeds med school for internationals? They don't mention it on their website.
Does anyone have an idea of the tentative tuition fees for international medicine applicants! There website doesn't mention that☹️
This page says, "Tuition fees for international students for 2023/24 should be available on individual course pages from September 2022."

If we look at an archived copy of that same page from January 2022 (which will therefore be a year out-of-state, fees-wise, but should be indicative) it says, "International: £36,500 (per year)". That archived page is available here.
when do we usually get our accommodation confirmed? is it after our offer is confirmed?
Original post by anastasiaxet
when do we usually get our accommodation confirmed? is it after our offer is confirmed?

I think I remember it being after my offer was confirmed about 6 weeks or so before we were getting ready to move in. I'm not sure exactly though unfortunately as this is based on memory
I've just completed my first year if anyone has any questions :smile:
Original post by 15Kjosh
Sorry to hear about that. Are you on any waiting lists for your other choices? Leeds is my only offer

Did you receive your CAS yet?
Are there any forms / DBS that have been sent by Leeds to fill in? Double checking as some of the other unis have required paperwork after firming but Leeds don’t seem to have done.
Thanks
What were the Easter term dates like for med? I’m asking bc me and my friends are looking into a holiday, ik there subject to change but what was the time frame?
Original post by student38910
What were the Easter term dates like for med? I’m asking bc me and my friends are looking into a holiday, ik there subject to change but what was the time frame?

Friday 24th March - Monday 24th April 2023 :smile: (not 100% though)
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey guys! Anyone here from Singapore/india?
Original post by Smileygirl12
Friday 24th March - Monday 24th April 2023 :smile: (not 100% though)

do you have half term breaks at uni as a medic student? or do u just have christmas, easter and summer holidays?
Original post by abovethecl0uds
do you have half term breaks at uni as a medic student? or do u just have christmas, easter and summer holidays?

Leeds don’t have reading weeks
Original post by abovethecl0uds

There's 3 terms and 3 holidays as you said. For first year, the first term is about 12 weeks, then 11, then 8. The summer term is much shorter and includes when you take your final exams.
(edited 1 year ago)
Were we supposed to get any other forms after receiving our offer? Like health check-ups/vaccines, etc. forms? I haven't recieved anything and some of my other friends have been getting things from their unis for medicine.
Original post by coll3g3ishere
Were we supposed to get any other forms after receiving our offer? Like health check-ups/vaccines, etc. forms? I haven't recieved anything and some of my other friends have been getting things from their unis for medicine.

I received an email a couple of days ago with the occupational health form/info on sending vaccinations. If you didn't and Leeds is your firm choice you might need to email them and ask about it?
Original post by coll3g3ishere

In my experience, just finished first year - occupational health is not really dealt with until you get to the uni but it's worth getting a list of vaccinations from your GP if you can. I was surprised how late they sorted some of it. I'm still in the process of getting my Hep B stuff sorted
Original post by rialistic
I received an email a couple of days ago with the occupational health form/info on sending vaccinations. If you didn't and Leeds is your firm choice you might need to email them and ask about it?

It is my firm. Thanks for letting me know! I'll try to email them soon. When is it due to send back?
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending