The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level French Paper 2: 9FR0 02 - 24 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did th]

Edexcel A Level French Paper 2: Written response to works and translation 9FR0 02 - 24 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 24th June AM
Length: 2h40

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Anyone else doing Intouchables and/or Un Sac de Billes?
Original post by Mythical Pingu

Edexcel A Level French Paper 2: Written response to works and translation 9FR0 02 - 24 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 24th June AM
Length: 2h40

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

anyone doing Maupassant and/or La Haine?
I'm doing la haine and un sac de billes
Reply 4
Original post by zoeology

hey im doing both!

I’m doing both
Any predictions for Un Sac de Billes or Les Choristes?
Original post by merbibi
Any predictions for Un Sac de Billes or Les Choristes?

I think these papers are notoriously difficult to predict :/ you just need to know the text/film really well. I'd just recommend reading in depth chapter summaries and rewatching the film before the exam tomorrow.
im doing them both and im so ****. i legit never get more than a C and im half french :frown: the structure is so confusing
Original post by noisette123
im doing them both and im so ****. i legit never get more than a C and im half french :frown: the structure is so confusing

Ah I'm sorry to hear that! How do you normally structure your essays?
Original post by noisette123

if you got an A* or high A in the other two papers i think you can still get an A overall even if you get a C in this paper, so don't worry yourself too much:smile:im sure you did well in the other papers seeing as you're french !
does anyone have advice on forming a good introduction for the essay?
Original post by lemono666
does anyone have advice on forming a good introduction for the essay?

You could mention the name of the book or film, who it was written/directed by, and the year it was released. I don't know whether you do Un Sac de Billes but for example,

'Un Sac de Billes est un roman écrit par Joseph Joffo et publié en 1973.'
and then outline the points you will make in your essay. For example, if the essay was about 'l'espoir' your introduction might look like:
'Un Sac de Billes est un livre écrit par Joseph Joffo et publié en 1973. Il y a plusieurs exemples du thème de l’espoir, comme les Justes et le rôle de Papa Joffo. Par contre, on peut aussi dire que ce livre nous offre une perspective pessimiste, décrivant de la violence ainsi que les conséquences pour ceux qui sont optimistes.'
(edited 1 year ago)
Intouchables scene summaries if that's useful for anyone
Reply 14
if you got an A* or high A in the other two papers i think you can still get an A overall even if you get a C in this paper, so don't worry yourself too much:smile:im sure you did well in the other papers seeing as you're french !

good point thank you :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by merbibi
Ah I'm sorry to hear that! How do you normally structure your essays?

usually 3/4 paragraphes with 4 moments or scenes where the theme in question is shown or if its a character ill usually talk about how they change from start to end
Reply 16
Well thanks zoeology, such an interesting resource for everyone
Original post by owenht
Well thanks zoeology, such an interesting resource for everyone

you're so welcome ! ;-)
how did everyone find the paper?

Quick Reply

Latest