The Student Room Group

Major GPA:- Basic but important doubt

Hi all, I had a very basic doubt regarding mentioning "major GPA" in resumes, and SOPs. I am an Asian student, and I have seen many people from western countries (maybe Asians are doing it too but I am not aware) mentioning their Major GPA in their resumes. Now, my queries are:

1. Do you officially get your major GPAs from your universities/colleges or calculate it all by yourself? I have never seen a single person in my country talking about the Major GPA.
2. If you calculate it by yourself, how do you do it?
3. Do you calculate major-related electives while calculating the major GPA? So for instance, my major subject has been Economics but I had statistics for 2/6 semesters and Corporate finance for 2/6 semesters. So do you guys recommend considering those subjects as well?

Your input and help are highly appreciated. Thank you, friends!
Most UK universities don't use GPA, or have majors. Those are both more American things. In the UK we tend to get classifications, which are calculated from all our courses.
Reply 2
Original post by Desideri
Most UK universities don't use GPA, or have majors. Those are both more American things. In the UK we tend to get classifications, which are calculated from all our courses.

oh I see that's interesting. My university/institution assess our performance through the GPA system. However, we usually get our "Cumulative GPA" and I was asking particularly about the "major GPA."

This is little important because my major GPA is really high comparatively to the overall GPA. That's why I was asking. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending