The Student Room Group

What do you/did you find hardest about learning to drive?

Scroll to see replies

Reversing around a corner. I've only done that manoeuvre perfectly on one occasion, which just so happened to be my test. :biggrin:
Reply 81
SpiritedAway
i can't help it :frown:

Don't worry, your not the only one. A girl in my art class did the exact same thing :P
stumping up the money for the provisional lol
Reply 83
doingmybest
Reversing around a corner had me in tears every time. Luckily I didn't have to do it on my test and I passed first time :cool: :biggrin:

are you 5 years old?
I always had trouble giving way, I always figured there was enough room for both cars on the road, but my instructor always told me off for being 'greedy' and shouldn't 'barge through like that' ....oops lol.
kklol
are you 5 years old?

:nah: No, but I like acting it sometimes. It was just highly important that I passed my test at that time, so I got frustrated.

X
Cyrus The Great
Parallel parking is difficult to grasp when you start driving. Thankfully, im an expert now, im so good i should compete in Formula 1.

Don't think I've ever seen a parallel park in formula 1...:nah:

The things I found I had difficulty with were roundabouts and keeping my speed near the limit. It wasn't until my test day that I mastered roundabouts, and since passing, I've gained a greater awareness for the speed I'm doing now.

I did struggle with all the manoeuvres apart from 3 point turn, which was pretty easy to me. I've never, ever done a reverse around corner since I've passed. Bay parking and parallel parking are used with some regularity though.
I waver towards the line in the middle of dual carriageways quite a lot, and knowing when to release the clutch so it doesnt stall.
Reply 88
Hill starts probably

Found 3 point turn and reverse around corner OK, parallel park seems a bit harder, but I've only tried it once.
Reply 89
reversing around a corner....
Reply 90
Roundabouts really got to me, i found them very difficult.
I get nervous at big roundabouts, and I can't figure out which way to turn the wheel when reversing! So annoying!!
Reply 92
Sarah Sheep
yes!! I have a big problem with hesitation, but then when I try and get going a bit faster I do things wrong...

Me too..

Clutch control at first although this is getting better.
Reply 93
reversing around a sodding corner.
and roundabouts, i hesitate and never know when i can go =/

and i have my driving test tomorrow. *******.
Reply 94
sssjay
reversing around a sodding corner.
and roundabouts, i hesitate and never know when i can go =/

and i have my driving test tomorrow. *******.

Well good luck for it anyway. :smile:
Reply 95
I am finding it difficult to do anything when another car is behind me. I always want to speed up and in doing so, stall the damn car. :/ Ihate driving.
Reply 96
Well good luck for it anyway. :smile:

thank you m'dear
i need it eep !
boven78hx1
If you find it difficult to do parallel parking you should not be on the roads, you are endangering other road users

Oone question; how?
Reply 98
I had a real battle with reversing around a corner, just didn't get it! Once I finally understood it though the other reversing manoueveres were ok.

Also had problems with confidence/hesitation.
Reversing round a corner cost me a fortune in lessons it got to the point i put in for my test and was prepaired to keep doing that untill i got one without that as a manouver.

Luckerly i passed first time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending