The Student Room Group

First all nighter for alevels 😮

Hi, I’m a year 13 student who has wasted the first 5 days of their Easter Holidays. So here’s where I’m going to keep track of my all nighter (till about 4) if I can stay awake.(I very much doubt I will) but other year 13’s also in the same position feel free to post...

WARNING: I probably will fall asleep half way through

Scroll to see replies

I'd say try and get at least two hours of sleep. It will make it easier for you to concentrate tomorrow and you will still get some stuff done tonight. : ) It's more efficient that way because otherwise it will be very difficult for you to remain focused tomorrow.
Reply 2
No because I’m literally in the same position as you , idk why I didn’t revise for the days I missed idk what is up with me because I’m deffo regretting it , I do biology chemistry and psychology and bio and chem is a nightmare ….
Original post by mystudentlife
Hi, I’m a year 13 student who has wasted the first 5 days of their Easter Holidays. So here’s where I’m going to keep track of my all nighter (till about 4) if I can stay awake.(I very much doubt I will) but other year 13’s also in the same position feel free to post...

Good luck!

Don't push yourself too hard and remember to take regular breaks :smile:

changing her pfp only hours after getting a new one - smh :biggrin:
THANKS! Completely forgot to get water even tho I’ve been fasting all day lol
I remember my first all nighter- it was for gaming, not for A-levels, though they happened at the same time! :lol:

Since Uni they're fairly ubiquitous though :cry:
Original post by Serene Dreams
I'd say try and get at least two hours of sleep. It will make it easier for you to concentrate tomorrow and you will still get some stuff done tonight. : ) It's more efficient that way because otherwise it will be very difficult for you to remain focused tomorrow.

I think I’ve rested too much these holidays lol, if I sleep for two hours I probably won’t wake up again till morning
Do you have a test tmr
Original post by Chi2020
No because I’m literally in the same position as you , idk why I didn’t revise for the days I missed idk what is up with me because I’m deffo regretting it , I do biology chemistry and psychology and bio and chem is a nightmare ….

I’ve decided not to worry about what I’ve missed but more care for what I’ve got left. Week and a half till school starts again so hopefully I can be productive during this time. 😩
THANKS! Completely forgot to get water even tho I’ve been fasting all day lol

Ramadan I'm guessing? Gotta respect the effort that goes into pulling that off! I'm unsure of the rules but you better drink your fill tonight :lol:
Original post by TriplexA
Good luck!

Don't push yourself too hard and remember to take regular breaks :smile:

@CoochieMan changing her pfp only hours after getting a new one - smh :biggrin:

TY! I plan to take 10 min breaks every hour!
I think I’ve rested too much these holidays lol, if I sleep for two hours I probably won’t wake up again till morning

same here I do maths physics and chem and right now i don't even know how and where to start my revision

If you think staying up all night won't affect your revision tomorrow, go for it! I only suggested that because I have noticed that if I stay up until 4 am and then go to bed for two hours, get back up at 6 am, I just feel better able to focus on academic work. Otherwise I get headaches and feel ill. However, you might not need that break. Do whatever you think is best. Good luck!
Kinda wanna change mine lol. But I'm waiting till the end of the month :tongue:

@my student life do update the thread about how it goes as I'll be tuning into TSR again :smile:
Original post by Serene Dreams
If you think staying up all night won't affect your revision tomorrow, go for it! I only suggested that because I have noticed that if I stay up until 4 am and then go to bed for two hours, get back up at 6 am, I just feel better able to focus on academic work. Otherwise I get headaches and feel ill. However, you might not need that break. Do whatever you think is best. Good luck!

Ahh I understand, and TYY
Reply 15

don't do it, not worth it. im year 13 as well and my offer is A*A*A. i NEED to do well. but all nighters simply aren't worth it. even with 5 days wasted, 6-7 hours a day is good enough even for A*s
Wdym. I always keep things halal - I'm just doing different colour themes basically :biggrin:

Last month was green now blue...

I'm logging off now we're kinda derailing this thread - sorry OP.
(edited 2 years ago)
I’ve decided not to worry about what I’ve missed but more care for what I’ve got left. Week and a half till school starts again so hopefully I can be productive during this time. 😩

Exams are just creeping on me so fast , and I’m so underprepared
Okay so I’m kind of disappointed, been kind of ill with migraines and stuff and I thought they went away but their back and i don’t feel like I’ll be able to get much work done. However I’m going to try to get as much as possible done today even though feel like s***

Also I love keeping track on TSR kind of like a blog. Makes me feel more productive so I’m going to continue to update about my a level journey here lol
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Chi2020

do u do aqa psychology?

Quick Reply

Latest