The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Laptop for computer science and AI degree

Hi, I'm looking into laptops and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. And if anyone knows about how the course works a bit better than I do. Do students tend to program on their own laptops (in which case I'll spend a bit more money and get a better one) or just takes notes and write up stuff on the laptops and then do all the programming on the provided computers.

Any insight would be great!
Reply 1
ThinkPads are quite commonly used, have a look at those and they’re not too expensive.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Original post by JessicaPeth
Hi, I'm looking into laptops and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. And if anyone knows about how the course works a bit better than I do. Do students tend to program on their own laptops (in which case I'll spend a bit more money and get a better one) or just takes notes and write up stuff on the laptops and then do all the programming on the provided computers.

Any insight would be great!

Hi! I've just finished my first year in Computer Science at Sheffield.
I used my laptop for writing notes and programming, however, there are sufficient computers at the University that you can program on. I just found it more convenient to use my laptop so I could sync it back to my PC in my flat with google drive (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending