The Student Room Group

If I fail to get into GP training

What can i do during and after fy2 if i fail to get into gp training? The competition ratio is almost 2.0 in the area I want to work in the future. I expect the competition to get worse by the time i apply for gp training.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by wiccan404
What can i do during and after fy2 if i fail to get into gp training? The competition ratio is almost 2.0 in the area I want to work in the future. I expect the competition to get worse by the time i apply for gp training.

@GANFYD Do you have any advice?

Locuming for a year whilst improving your MSRA score is the most straightforward answer. Other options include doing a fellowship (clinical, teaching, etc), postgrad degree, travel, etc, etc.
Reply 3
Original post by Democracy
Locuming for a year whilst improving your MSRA score is the most straightforward answer. Other options include doing a fellowship (clinical, teaching, etc), postgrad degree, travel, etc, etc.

How do i apply for locuming? Does the nhs trust/hospitals offer bank work to locum?
How do i apply for locuming? Does the nhs trust/hospitals offer bank work to locum?

The main routes are either internal (staff bank) or via an agency. It can be a lengthy process so worth applying early.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending