The Student Room Group

Uni of Manchester vs Leeds

I need to decide on a university soon and I still can't decide on which. I've visited both and I like both the campuses. Just wondered if anyone has studied at these universities before and perhaps could share their experience? I'll be studying business and economics. One of my biggest concerns is the student support/social life. Which of the 2 universities supports the students the most and are people friendly? is it difficult to make friends? I've heard Manchester's student support/union is really poor and it's difficult to make friends? Any insight at all will be appreciated
Original post by PimBird123
I need to decide on a university soon and I still can't decide on which. I've visited both and I like both the campuses. Just wondered if anyone has studied at these universities before and perhaps could share their experience? I'll be studying business and economics. One of my biggest concerns is the student support/social life. Which of the 2 universities supports the students the most and are people friendly? is it difficult to make friends? I've heard Manchester's student support/union is really poor and it's difficult to make friends? Any insight at all will be appreciated

Hi there

It may be wise to look at student satisfaction stats for your course at both unis :smile:

may be able to provide some insight on Leeds though.

Best wishes
(edited 2 years ago)
Manchester ranked 43rd for Econ and Leeds is ranked 13th. No brainer, go to Leeds.
Reply 3
What ranking is this? because I looked and Manchester seemed to rank higher than Leeds
Reply 4
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending