The Student Room Group

Is this behaviour acceptable?

I'm an adult in my 20s

I'm fed up of my relative, and I don't like them anyway.

I always having to do stuff which "satisfies" them, something stupid happend, I put a good amount of gravy on my plate of food , and they literally shouted at me because I didn't put enough of it on my plate.

If I move and decide to sit somewhere else in the same room, that relative automatically thinks something is wrong with me.

If I feel cold and I'm wearing my jacket, that relative gets really upset and angry with me...like I disrespected them or something.

I haven't done anything wrong to them, I'm not rude...just content.

They always forcing me to do things which I don't want to do

I do everything to please them and I'm still doing something wrong to them.

They're really rude to me and I'm really fed up with them.
Is this acceptable behaviour?
They sound controlling. It isn't normal to shout at someone for, or even care about the amount of gravy on their plate, or their decision to put on a jacket.
Reply 2
Original post by tinnedmackerel
They sound controlling. It isn't normal to shout at someone for, or even care about the amount of gravy on their plate, or their decision to put on a jacket.

yeah, they're very controlling
Yeah. Thats abnormal behaviour on the relatives part. Jealousy issue maybe?
Reply 4
Original post by gin_n_tonic
Yeah. Thats abnormal behaviour on the relatives part. Jealousy issue maybe?

hm interesting, they're really jealous of me tbh. They're always picking on me all the freaking time.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm an adult in my 20s

I'm fed up of my relative, and I don't like them anyway.

I always having to do stuff which "satisfies" them, something stupid happend, I put a good amount of gravy on my plate of food , and they literally shouted at me because I didn't put enough of it on my plate.

If I move and decide to sit somewhere else in the same room, that relative automatically thinks something is wrong with me.

If I feel cold and I'm wearing my jacket, that relative gets really upset and angry with me...like I disrespected them or something.

I haven't done anything wrong to them, I'm not rude...just content.

They always forcing me to do things which I don't want to do

I do everything to please them and I'm still doing something wrong to them.

They're really rude to me and I'm really fed up with them.
Is this acceptable behaviour?

You're an adult!
It is wrong of them to need you to satisfy them and complain about such petty things!

You said relative so I don't know who they are in relation to you but I don't think anyone should be controlling you like this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending