The Student Room Group

Extract question essay OCR english

I did a mock for OCR and I loved the question, but hated the extract, so I only used one quote from the extract. I think the essay was fairly good, but will I be marked down for not referring to more of he extract?
Thank you so much!
Is this for A Level?

I do it for A level (also the OCR spec) and AO2 is worth the most, so you should include more quotes throughout your essay, as well as analysing it. You should be able to include AO3 as a way to back up your points but it shouldn't overtake the amount of AO2 and analysis by a lot
Original post by diya277
Is this for A Level?

I do it for A level (also the OCR spec) and AO2 is worth the most, so you should include more quotes throughout your essay, as well as analysing it. You should be able to include AO3 as a way to back up your points but it shouldn't overtake the amount of AO2 and analysis by a lot

Its for gcse. But I used loads of other quotes from elsewhere within the play, just only one from he extract they gave us...
Original post by MayaVellichor
Its for gcse. But I used loads of other quotes from elsewhere within the play, just only one from he extract they gave us...

Oh ok. I'm sorry but I can't help with gcse because I did AQA, not OCR then. Good luck though for it though!!
Original post by diya277
Oh ok. I'm sorry but I can't help with gcse because I did AQA, not OCR then. Good luck though for it though!!

No worries :smile: thanks for trying!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending