The Student Room Group

Studio 14 / M MANAGEMENT 83 Charlotte Street

Hi there, how anyone experience with Studio 14 / M MANAGEMENT 83 Charlotte Street. its a modeling agency . I am about to get my photos done and would like to know how reliable the agency is. Thank you.
Hello Klara, I noticed you posted this 4 months ago. How's this agency? Is it a scam or no?
I haven’t heard from them since then
Original post by Klara Klara
I haven’t heard from them since then

Hi Klara, did you sign up for the portfolio photoshoot? Mine is tomorrow, and I wondered how did it go for you?

I paid a 50 GBP deposit and been told to pay the balance (250 GBP) on the day of the shoot. They seem legit?
Possibly a scam. Have a look at this thread; https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7276433
Original post by bamtutor
Possibly a scam. Have a look at this thread; https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7276433

Haha I actually started that thread
Original post by slay1991
Hi Klara, did you sign up for the portfolio photoshoot? Mine is tomorrow, and I wondered how did it go for you?

I paid a 50 GBP deposit and been told to pay the balance (250 GBP) on the day of the shoot. They seem legit?

Hi, I also paid 50 GBP deposit and told them I don't have too much money when they asked for 300 GBP so they told to pay 150 GBP in total. What they didn't tell you now is that after your photoshoot you need to pay 1650 at least for being in their system and for editing your pictures. If you don't pay this amount they will never call you back and you won't have any job if you pay the full amount there is also a risk you won't hear again from them because clearly it's a scam. That's my experience with them don't waste your time and money
Original post by adrika1998
Hi, I also paid 50 GBP deposit and told them I don't have too much money when they asked for 300 GBP so they told to pay 150 GBP in total. What they didn't tell you now is that after your photoshoot you need to pay 1650 at least for being in their system and for editing your pictures. If you don't pay this amount they will never call you back and you won't have any job if you pay the full amount there is also a risk you won't hear again from them because clearly it's a scam. That's my experience with them don't waste your time and money

Ah thanks so much for sharing your experience. It is a scam then. I might not see them tomorrow.

I actually asked them about photo editing fees and the studio manager in charge, Helen, told me I have been 'chosen for commercial and promotional shooting so the photos don't need to be edited unless I wish to do so. Only for high fashion, medium fashion and editorial section pictures need to be edited and presented accordingly.'
Ah thanks so much for sharing your experience. It is a scam then. I might not see them tomorrow.

I actually asked them about photo editing fees and the studio manager in charge, Helen, told me I have been 'chosen for commercial and promotional shooting so the photos don't need to be edited unless I wish to do so. Only for high fashion, medium fashion and editorial section pictures need to be edited and presented accordingly.'

I am sorry about you 50 GBP, Helen also told me that I am chosen for commercial photoshooting and then she told me after photoshooting' of course you need edited pictures it's your representation' before photoshooting she told me to hurry up till October 1 so I can start working immidiately amd I can choose how much work I want I'll be very busy and I didn't hear from them after they took the money
Original post by adrika1998
I am sorry about you 50 GBP, Helen also told me that I am chosen for commercial photoshooting and then she told me after photoshooting' of course you need edited pictures it's your representation' before photoshooting she told me to hurry up till October 1 so I can start working immidiately amd I can choose how much work I want I'll be very busy and I didn't hear from them after they took the money

I am very sorry too for the money you have lost. In total how much did you pay Helen? I hope it was only 50 GBP and not more? :frown: :frown: :frown:
Hi, I have done a photoshoot one month ago and they never get back to me. At the end, they tell you that you need to pay almost 1000 pounds to edit the photos which I refuse to do. The girl Helen pretended that she will look for a job for me quickly like in the next two weeks and that I will be contacted to be asked which exact photos from my shoot I want them to present to clients....I haven't heard from them yet, they don't even have a website. DO NO WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY !

Yes that’s alright. You pay deposit for your appointment that’s fine

Quick Reply

Latest