The Student Room Group

Essex vs Birmingham

Hello all.
Apologies in advance for what might seem as a naive question. I am an international student and got accepted in both Essex and birmingham university and I was wondering which one is better -as a city- for living and finding part time jobs ?

Thank you
Birmingham 100%
Original post by Hedabo
Hello all.
Apologies in advance for what might seem as a naive question. I am an international student and got accepted in both Essex and birmingham university and I was wondering which one is better -as a city- for living and finding part time jobs ?

Thank you

Do you prefer an Essex accent or a Birmingham accent? That’s how I would decide.
Reply 3
I was not really thinking about the accent I figured I would adapt to any new accent. My concern is the probability of finding part-time jobs, an international community, places of accommodation etc.
Reply 4
Original post by __Unknown
Birmingham 100%

Do you think if I can not afford to go to Birmingham then Essex is not worth it? as in is it really that bad?
Birmingham is a much better uni than Essex. Lots of international students there.
Original post by Hedabo
I was not really thinking about the accent I figured I would adapt to any new accent. My concern is the probability of finding part-time jobs, an international community, places of accommodation etc.

Ah okay. Good luck with your decision!
Original post by Hedabo
Do you think if I can not afford to go to Birmingham then Essex is not worth it? as in is it really that bad?

I say you go to Birmingham, btw Essex isn’t a city. Regardless on where you go you’ve gotten offers, you should be proud. But the University of Birmingham is a way better institution they’re apart of the Russell group and will generally have better graduate prospects compared to the University of Essex as they’re ranked higher. The campus is beautiful and i’m sure you’ll be able to afford it, if not you can always try a part time job. Hope this helped :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
Original post by __Unknown
I say you go to Birmingham, btw Essex isn’t a city. Regardless on where you go you’ve gotten offers, you should be proud. But the University of Birmingham is a way better institution they’re apart of the Russell group and will generally have better graduate prospects compared to the University of Essex as they’re ranked higher. The campus is beautiful and i’m sure you’ll be able to afford it, if not you can always try a part time job. Hope this helped :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending