The Student Room Group

Medicine @ Glasgow

Hello, I applied for med this year but didn’t get in due to low ucat score. I am very worried in case I haven’t met the grade requirements needed for medicine this year either. I need one B at advanced higher and two As one at advanced higher and one at higher. I was wondering whether I would be able to retake my subjects again during my gap year and then apply for medicine again. Would it affect my application or do I need to achieve these grades by the end of s6 or can it be whenever. The university’s I want to apply to next year ar St Andrews Glasgow and Dundee.
Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by User2634
Hello, I applied for med this year but didn’t get in due to low ucat score. I am very worried in case I haven’t met the grade requirements needed for medicine this year either. I need one B at advanced higher and two As one at advanced higher and one at higher. I was wondering whether I would be able to retake my subjects again during my gap year and then apply for medicine again. Would it affect my application or do I need to achieve these grades by the end of s6 or can it be whenever. The university’s I want to apply to next year ar St Andrews Glasgow and Dundee.
Thank you :smile:

In a typical year, none of these med schools accept resits and expect required grades to be achieved at the first sitting, unless there are extenuating circumstances. It remains to be seen whether the disruption caused by covid will change their policies
Reply 2
Original post by GANFYD
In a typical year, none of these med schools accept resits and expect required grades to be achieved at the first sitting, unless there are extenuating circumstances. It remains to be seen whether the disruption caused by covid will change their policies

Ok thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending