The Student Room Group

I study Level 3 BTEC IT, can I study BSc Comp Science?

Hello,
I’m a D* targeted student about to finish the first year of the Information Tech course, (just sat my Part A practical today! Part B tomorrow morning) and I’m trying to figure out what kind of courses I would like to study at university. I do take interest in computer science but unfortunately where I’m from the course isn’t offered both at GCSE level and A level in my sixth form nor in colleges local so it’s left me questioning whether universities will let me study BSc.
I took Level 2 BTEC IT too but I still feel that I’d enjoy physical science better. :frown:

If anyone could help that would be lovely!
Yes, you can. It is a very common subject requirement for many BSc computer science degrees if you studied btec only. Try to get DDD at least overall (or better) and you should have a lot of options with were you can go.
Reply 2
Original post by noyou1234
Yes, you can. It is a very common subject requirement for many BSc computer science degrees if you studied btec only. Try to get DDD at least overall (or better) and you should have a lot of options with were you can go.

Thank you so much!
Original post by amhick18
Hello,
I’m a D* targeted student about to finish the first year of the Information Tech course, (just sat my Part A practical today! Part B tomorrow morning) and I’m trying to figure out what kind of courses I would like to study at university. I do take interest in computer science but unfortunately where I’m from the course isn’t offered both at GCSE level and A level in my sixth form nor in colleges local so it’s left me questioning whether universities will let me study BSc.
I took Level 2 BTEC IT too but I still feel that I’d enjoy physical science better. :frown:

Do you have Unit 20 Enterprise in IT Assignment 2
Original post by noyou1234

Reply 5
Original post by withmybabymamas1

I just completed year 1 and we did Unit 2 and Unit 3 and in year 2 we’re doing Unit 6 and one other I don’t quite know which one but I think it’s programming
Original post by amhick18
Hello,

Yes, but you will be looking at universities that offer courses called Computer Science, but in actuality aren't really. That is to say you will not be looking at courses that are heavy on the theory/mathematics but more on the practical side of things.

If that suits you, then that's totally fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending