The Student Room Group

AS econ edexcel exam 2022/ 16 may

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SSSHUSH
For the people who did the AS econ edxecel exam, was the advanced info accurate? Was there anything that wasn’t on the advanced info that came up? About to do my A level exam on Monday so wanna be sure

Yh it was very accurate, they didn’t ask anything outside of it as far as I remember
Original post by Kkton2345
Yh it was very accurate, they didn’t ask anything outside of it as far as I remember

Thanks so much for the response - puts my mind to ease, good luck on the rest of your exams! :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 102
Original post by SSSHUSH
For the people who did the AS econ edxecel exam, was the advanced info accurate? Was there anything that wasn’t on the advanced info that came up? About to do my A level exam on Monday so wanna be sure

yup i agree, it was really accurate. Edexcel is the only exam board that stuck to the advanced information, AQA and OCR on the other hand... yeah not so much, so if you have any exams with those exam boards, i highly recommend revising every topic
What was that government intervention question? What did it ask?
Please go into more detail
Original post by Half human
It was about the effectiveness of price laws and indirect tax in a particular market (not gonna give too much details in case teachers wanna use t for mocks in the future :wink:) but it was alright, wrote 3 thicc paragraphs, but didn't finish the conclusion. :frown:

Please go into more detail
it asked to evaluate other government policies to intervene in the fish market to reduce overfishing

Original post by Joe casey0
What was that government intervention question? What did it ask?
Hi! Sorry to bother but, do you recall any of the answers you put for the MCQ's? I'm kinda doubting what I wrote for some of them now
Original post by TrenchKidd
yeah the extracts were so bad. But i only used the figure in my 15 marker i referenced how sweden have a better CAP law meaning they can get more fish than the UK which means that they can outpreform the UK in the fishing industry

What answers did you get for the MCQ questions?
Has anyone got any predictions with qs on thursday exam, based on advanced info?
20 marker on policies im guessing
do u think 20 marker could be on gdp pros and cons ? or is that more of a 10 marker, since its on advanced info
Original post by Miasmarome
Has anyone got any predictions with qs on thursday exam, based on advanced info?
20 marker on policies im guessing
do u think 20 marker could be on gdp pros and cons ? or is that more of a 10 marker, since its on advanced info

Yeah I’m pretty sure 20 marker is on policies, that’s what my teachers have been saying as well
Reply 111
Original post by Kkton2345
Yeah I’m pretty sure 20 marker is on policies, that’s what my teachers have been saying as well

policies could also just be a 15 marker. You're right about being a question worth a lot of marks but i wouldn't be so sure of being a 20 marker. If anything 20 marker could be about inflation, impacts of economic growth etc.
Imma try help you out guys, these are the questions that i think may come up. Its good practice answering them

1) Discuss the limitations of using GDP to compare living standards between countries (15)
2) Assess possible causes of inflation (10)
3) Evaluate the macro economic effects of high inflation (15/20)
4) Explain the term "equilibrium of balance of payments" (4)
5) Assess possible reasons for an increase in trade deficit (10)
6) Assess the effects of a fall in the pound on a trade deficit (10)
7) Assess the effects of a fall in investment on the economy (10)
8) Referring to figure....Explain two likely influences on the level of investment in the economy (6)
9) Explain the term recession (4)
10) Discuss the benefits and drawback/impact of economic growth (15)
11) Evaluate the use of government policy / expansionary monetary policy / expansionary fiscal policy / demand side policies / supply side policies in order to stimulate economic growth (20) (if you get govt policy pick one demand and 2 supply) (if they ask the use of policies in the event of a recession you just have to remember theyd use expansionary)
idk if there was already a thread for this, i couldnt see one
but those of you who sat the paper, how did u find it?

I did AQA AS paper 1, and I found it easy funny enough, messed up my 4 marker diagram but the 25 and 10 markers went well. Well at least I think so.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by speedkiller456
I did AQA AS, and I found it easy funny enough, messed up my 4 marker diagram but the 25 and 10 markers went well. Well at least I think so.

have u already done paper 2?
No, I should've said I did paper 1 lol
No, I should've said I did paper 1 lol

Am pretty sure the whole country has to do it on the 26th
Am pretty sure the whole country has to do it on the 26th

oh right, i thought it varied between boards.
Thanks so much for the list! I'll probs be planning all of these. Btw I've got two other ones :
- Evaluate different policies to correct a current account deficit
- Explain the business cycle/ Discuss possible causes for the shift in the long-term trend rate of growth

I have a strong feeling we will get a 15/20 marker on Balance of payments especially since they've tested economic growth and inflation a lot previously. May be a direct 20 marker on supply side policies asw because so far I haven't seen a past paper explicitly saying 'evaluate supply side policies..'

Original post by TrenchKidd
Imma try help you out guys, these are the questions that i think may come up. Its good practice answering them

1) Discuss the limitations of using GDP to compare living standards between countries (15)
2) Assess possible causes of inflation (10)
3) Evaluate the macro economic effects of high inflation (15/20)
4) Explain the term "equilibrium of balance of payments" (4)
5) Assess possible reasons for an increase in trade deficit (10)
6) Assess the effects of a fall in the pound on a trade deficit (10)
7) Assess the effects of a fall in investment on the economy (10)
8) Referring to figure....Explain two likely influences on the level of investment in the economy (6)
9) Explain the term recession (4)
10) Discuss the benefits and drawback/impact of economic growth (15)
11) Evaluate the use of government policy / expansionary monetary policy / expansionary fiscal policy / demand side policies / supply side policies in order to stimulate economic growth (20) (if you get govt policy pick one demand and 2 supply) (if they ask the use of policies in the event of a recession you just have to remember theyd use expansionary)
thank you soo much!!
also, why is it 2 supply and 1 demand? is it a good structure u think work well?

yes its a good structure for the papers, youre welcome

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending