The Student Room Group

English lit pper one

I messed up so bad and only just realised. The poem that came up was bayonet charge and I forgot to read the question and just started comparing it to another poem- kamikaze. And i’ve only just realised I forgot to read the question and that I’ve probably messed it up.

Apparently the theme was conflict and my points were

1. Bayonet charge starts off mid action- and then i focused on the adverb “suddenly” and wrote how it portrays war as quick and that anything can happen in any given moment and its chaotic and etc. and I compared that to kamikaze and how it starts off with the persona embarking at sunshine” and how everything seems to be in slow motion and focused on how the light imagery juxtaposes the reality and I wrote that although everything seems calm the person was going on a suicide mission. And then I wrapped up my first comparison by saying that it shows war was different in different places but it was equally frightening.

2. Propaganda and patriotism were the reasons to go to war. In kamikaze propaganda is described as “powerful incantations” shows the power of indoctrination and etc. and in bayonet charge the king honour dignity etc” and that he didnt know why he was running, shows that he’s also there bc of patriotism but realises that it’s meaningless at the end of the day and I analysed the quotes and then said how similarly in kamikaze he also realises how pointless it is and turns back and i focused some more on that.

3. I wrote about how in bayonet charge after realising it he still seems to remain in the battlefield despite running bc maybe he has no way out and in kamikaze he often wondered which had been the best way to die” and I analysed the quote.

Oh and i also wrote about the caesural pauses in bayonet charge and how they contrast with the rapidness of the vocab and etc. which perhaps portrays the fact that although everything happened quickly and they had to think and act fast war dragged suggesting they suffered
your still going to get marks, i did that once and completely forgot to read the question but my analysis was still good so i got 24/30
Reply 2
Original post by jennaa21
your still going to get marks, i did that once and completely forgot to read the question but my analysis was still good so i got 24/30

Okay thank you that makes me feel better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending