The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Spanish Paper 2 7692/2 - 17 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

AQA A Level Spanish Paper 2: Writing 7692/2 - 17 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :h:

Date/Time: Friday 17th June AM
Length: 2h

Year 13 Thread - A-Level Exam Directory

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
@Mythical Pingu Could a link please be added to the AS & A-Level Exam Discussions 2022? I just copied the other ones, is that okay? Thanks
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by simxne_
@Mythical Pingu Could a link please be added to the AS & A-Level Exam Discussions 2022? I just copied the other ones, is that okay? Thanks

Perfect - thanks! I'll add the link :smile:
Reply 3
I don't know if anyone is following this thread, but I'm studying La casa de Bernarda Alba and El Laberinto del Fauno :smile:
Original post by simxne_
I don't know if anyone is following this thread, but I'm studying La casa de Bernarda Alba and El Laberinto del Fauno :smile:

I'm studying Volver and Como Agua
Original post by evakesiax
I'm studying Volver and Como Agua

same, and they arent bad but i hate them. CAPC is a joke.
Original post by meema1035
same, and they arent bad but i hate them. CAPC is a joke.

CAPC is the most boring and irrelevant book- I didn’t even finish reading it I just watched the film and got the summary of each chapter from the study guide I have
Anyone got predictions for el laberinto del fauno
Anyone else doing María llena eres de Gracia and el coronel
Original post by simxne_

I am doing La casa too!! And Ocho Apellidos Vascos
I love the play so much, but i hate the movie lol
Does anyone have any general advice on how to structure these essays? This is my only essay subject so im a little out of practice!
How should i do the intros and conclusions ( this is where i always struggle) , also , how do you guys link the evidence u give to ur analysis and link back to the question?
Original post by Cactusmaths
Does anyone have any general advice on how to structure these essays? This is my only essay subject so im a little out of practice!
How should i do the intros and conclusions ( this is where i always struggle) , also , how do you guys link the evidence u give to ur analysis and link back to the question?

Personally I like to put some context in my introduction so who directed the film, what year it was released. And then I talk about what I’ll be speaking about briefly in the essay. I outline (briefly) the themes I’m gonna talk about.
then I have 3 paragraphs for my points. The general structure is I say my point and then I give an example. However, you shouldn’t tell the story of the book/film. Just give the example. Then I like to say what theme it links to then weave in my context into the analysis of it. At the end I always link back to the question/point I made.
In my conclusion, I sum up my points in a general sentence or two. Don’t add any new points in the paragraph (I can send u my mock if u want. I do como agua and volver and got 78/80)
Reply 12

Just to add to the above, I know some people that have memorised a short intro and they use that in all their essays (a different one for the play and film) so although I do like to link mine to what I am going to focus on in the essay, I don't think it needs to necessarily be that specific. : )
Original post by evakesiax
Personally I like to put some context in my introduction so who directed the film, what year it was released. And then I talk about what I’ll be speaking about briefly in the essay. I outline (briefly) the themes I’m gonna talk about.
then I have 3 paragraphs for my points. The general structure is I say my point and then I give an example. However, you shouldn’t tell the story of the book/film. Just give the example. Then I like to say what theme it links to then weave in my context into the analysis of it. At the end I always link back to the question/point I made.
In my conclusion, I sum up my points in a general sentence or two. Don’t add any new points in the paragraph (I can send u my mock if u want. I do como agua and volver and got 78/80)

Thank you! yes that would be really useful, im doing both of them as well!
Original post by simxne_
Just to add to the above, I know some people that have memorised a short intro and they use that in all their essays (a different one for the play and film) so although I do like to link mine to what I am going to focus on in the essay, I don't think it needs to necessarily be that specific. : )

Thats an interesting idea, i guess i could memorise the first few sentences and then just change the last intro sentence to make it specific to that essay
Is anyone else doing LCBA i hate the essays sm they seem so much harder than volver, any tips?
Thank you! yes that would be really useful, im doing both of them as well!

Sure pm me ur email
Hey, would it be possible to send me the Volver essay?
Original post by ICantDoMyAlevels
Hey, would it be possible to send me the Volver essay?

pm me ur email address
Original post by Alice12346
Is anyone else doing LCBA i hate the essays sm they seem so much harder than volver, any tips?

mood, I think im just going to make a mind map of every character and if I have time, noting the themes but might just choose the character essay in the end idk :/ there always seems to be an extra point I could have said but just missed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending