The Student Room Group

apprenticeship vs university

what is everyone's thoughts on it?
Depends what you want to do. I know for careers like Engineering and Accounting, Employers would actually prefer Apprenticeships over a graduate (unless you’re going to Oxbridge) simply because of experience, I personally think this is a huge advantage + the fact you get no debt and get paid, yes you miss the ‘uni life’ but it’s a small price to pay. For some careers you obviously need a to go to uni, some no brainers:
-Medicine
-Dentistry
-Nurse School
-Pharmacology
Etc.
Original post by abc-2006
what is everyone's thoughts on it?

As the above poster has mentioned the basics it totally depends on what you as an individual want to do there are many careers out there that can be University driven or Apprenticeship driven. I would like to believe that Apprenticeships are more to do with being a 'Hands on' task where you develop skills in which you shall use for the future career which differs from each apprenticeship of course. On the other hand, others may choose University to further Study and get into a course of their choice may it be a Subject or a Degree like Dentistry which will be used to then pave the way towards a potential career. Both paths are of course fine and there is no wrong decision it just depends on each person what they truly want to achieve in life and where they want to end up in the future.

P.S: Having said all that though there are many people that have become successful without the need for either. At the end of the day we are all on the road to success good luck everyone.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest