The Student Room Group

What are the craziest A level cramming success stories you know of?

My A2 Bio paper 1 (AQA) exam is in 3 days and I’ve barely covered anything apart from topic 1. The same applies for my other 2 subjects (psych and chem) although I’m a little more confident in cramming the content. It sucks because I’m a resit, so I really can’t afford to fail again; I need Cs at bare minimum so I can do a foundation year or something. I appreciate when people say that ‘exams aren’t everything’ or ‘there are other routes’, etc and although being very valid points, they won’t help calm my nerves right now.

Does anyone have any cramming success stories for A levels (preferably my subjects), where there was very little time left? I know that it won’t ascertain that I will achieve the same levels of success, but it would be a great morale boost.
Original post by CA_5713
My A2 Bio paper 1 (AQA) exam is in 3 days and I’ve barely covered anything apart from topic 1. The same applies for my other 2 subjects (psych and chem) although I’m a little more confident in cramming the content. It sucks because I’m a resit, so I really can’t afford to fail again; I need Cs at bare minimum so I can do a foundation year or something. I appreciate when people say that ‘exams aren’t everything’ or ‘there are other routes’, etc and although being very valid points, they won’t help calm my nerves right now.

Does anyone have any cramming success stories for A levels (preferably my subjects), where there was very little time left? I know that it won’t ascertain that I will achieve the same levels of success, but it would be a great morale boost.

For a morale boost just watch a lot of David Goggins on Youtube and his latest posts on Instagram.
Original post by CA_5713

For cramming success story I recommend Mahel Khan's YT channel where he has a video on cramming.
Original post by CA_5713

Hi I’m in the exact same position I’m a resit student needing Bs in biology and chemistry and I feel like I don’t know anything and it’s so much harder as a resit student (I’m self taught). I don’t know of any cramming stories but in my original a level exams I got CDD with only class knowledge and tiny bit of cramming which is kind of close to Cs which you said you need. Just keep revising and go over things you’re bad at I guess! Exams are important of course but there are other ways to get into what you need + if you miss the grades slightly the uni may still let u in and there’s clearing too. Good luck :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by CA_5713

To calm your nerves, the best thing I found is to just keep focus on grinding. More you cover, the less anxious you feel. Making a quick plan is also the second best thing.
I promise you that if you force yourself to cram effectively - you can. I cram for most of my exams and I usually do pretty well. My best advice is to first make concise organised notes on everything you need and then make them into flash cards that you can go at
Original post by CA_5713

i am in literally the same position omg- im taking bio chem and history. and im currently at a C and need to get an A and have been procrastinating this whole time LOOOL
Original post by CA_5713

Are we living the same life hahah, I’m literally resitting with bio chem and maths.
But seriously I’m struggling to get through the content too. You can still cram in these last days, try go over all the advanced info points and try some exam qs, videos also to quickly review and consolidate. Wishing us all the best!!
Reply 8
I don't have a story for A Levels but I do for GCSEs

I hated school more than words can describe and dragged my heels all the way through year 7 - 11. The last set of mocks before the real exams, I got all U grades for every subject. I think this was about 6 weeks before my first real exam. For the next 6 weeks I simply stopped going in to school , and revised all day every day until the exams. I ended up getting all As from sheer cramming and rinsing every past paper I could get my hands on.

Quick Reply

Latest