The Student Room Group

Work Experience Year 10

I am working in animal shop for work experience anyone got any ideas on what i should wear?
If you can't ask the placement before starting then I would wear smart black trousers, smart top/blouse (probably best to keep black/white/navy too, I personally tend to use my university polos for placements unless told otherwise so maybe if you have something like that) and smart black shoes, probably ones similar to what you wear at school.

As a sidenote if you are doing this for a vet med application I would just make sure that it counts as a placement you can use for the application just because some animal shops may not involve very much animal handling at all so the unis may not count it (I'd check through emailing them). Also some unis (at least pre-covid) ask that work experience is done within a certain time frame before applying, I think it is 3 years for most unis so you should be fine however RVC and perhaps some others ask for 18 months before. Not saying to not still go ahead with the work experience but just to make sure you are getting out of it what you want/need :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending