The Student Room Group

I'm going into third year of my Science degree what should I expect?

I want to prepare myself for third year. I didn't do really well in my 2nd year and had to do some reassessments. I really want to achieve a first or at least a 2:1 for future careers and Masters, that's what I need. I was told by my personal coach that I'm heading for a third which is bad news in my circumstance. You don't have to be studying a science degree to give advice, I'm all ears. Thank you for your time.
I guess it depends on why you "didn't do really well in my 2nd year".

Were you skipping lectures and just not putting in sufficient effort generally, or were you trying your best but just struggling to make sense of the content?

If the former, then the solution should be obvious. If the latter, then perhaps you need to try some different approaches to learning - given that whatever you're doing right now clearly isn't working.

What advice has your personal coach provided? (I assume you asked for advice.)

Do you know what proportion of your final grade comes from your third year marks?
Original post by DataVenia

Were you skipping lectures and just not putting in sufficient effort generally, or were you trying your best but just struggling to make sense of the content?

If the former, then the solution should be obvious. If the latter, then perhaps you need to try some different approaches to learning - given that whatever you're doing right now clearly isn't working.

Do you know what proportion of your final grade comes from your third year marks?

I've been going through some personal stuff that lead me to apply for mitigating circumstances. Its really affected me in university to the point that my school office recommended me that I take a gap year but I didn't want to do that, I just tried. I really want a 2:1 or first.
Original post by DataVenia

My personal coach just told me I really need to bother my lectures in 3rd year for support.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending