The Student Room Group

gcse english language spoken assessment

hi, so i struggle from severe social anxiety and panic attacks, and next week i am meant to have my gcse english spoken language assessment. what would happen if i was unable to do it due to these panic attacks?? would it be an instant fail??
Hi, ive also go through social anxiety and i feel very overwhelmed by doing things like speaking with ppl who i dont know and not comfortable with.
This advice might sound really daft but what will help you is by practice your english spoken language assessment in front of your friends or your family, i know you are comfortable around your friends or family but this will boost your confidence and self esteem. Not to sound like a nerd, but its also scientifically proven that if you go through an event, especially an event that your werent really confident in, your brain is more likely to adapt to it and you will become better on the actual day.
If you feel like this is not for you, then thats fine, what i require you to do is do it in front of a teacher or a member of your school.
and just a tip, other thinking MAKES IT WORSE, so try your best to clear your thoughts, and i know that its easier said then done.
I hope this helps xx
Speak to your teacher and ask if there are any arrangements can be made. It may be that you can avoid doing it in front of the entire class. From what I remember, classmates must ask you questions on your topic. Surely your teacher can do this on their own. I don't see it necessary to the assessment, but you'll need to speak to someone.

Don't let them brush you off. Anxiety is as much a mitigating circumstance as any other condition. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending