The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Uclan

Hi, I Haven’t taken the bmat or ucat and I want to apply for medicine with a foundation year at uclan (ABB requirements), if I apply for pharmacy at uclan as a reserve/ backup and I don’t get into medicine at uclan will I get into pharmacy which requires (BBB)
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
Hi, I Haven’t taken the bmat or ucat and I want to apply for medicine with a foundation year at uclan (ABB requirements), if I apply for pharmacy at uclan as a reserve/ backup and I don’t get into medicine at uclan will I get into pharmacy which requires (BBB)

Hi! Great to hear you are considering UCLan. I would 100% recommend you do that, if that is an option (I apologise it has been a good few years since I applied to uni, I will double check on that!)! I must check though, are you an international student? As our foundation year is only open to students who are international, apologies if you know this and its fine! I would also suggest looking into medical science as a degree as it it is two years (three with the foundation year) and you can use it to then apply to medicine if you don't achieve the grades you are hoping for (which fingers crossed isn't the case)! Here is a link to that course if you have never heard of it: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/medical-sciences-bsc. I am going to check on what the best recommendation is, I don't want to give you any wrong information, so will message back ASAP!- Emily:smile:
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Original post by UCLan Student
Hi! Great to hear you are considering UCLan. I would 100% recommend you do that, if that is an option (I apologise it has been a good few years since I applied to uni, I will double check on that!)! I must check though, are you an international student? As our foundation year is only open to students who are international, apologies if you know this and its fine! I would also suggest looking into medical science as a degree as it it is two years (three with the foundation year) and you can use it to then apply to medicine if you don't achieve the grades you are hoping for (which fingers crossed isn't the case)! Here is a link to that course if you have never heard of it: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/medical-sciences-bsc. I am going to check on what the best recommendation is, I don't want to give you any wrong information, so will message back ASAP!- Emily:smile:

Further to my previous message, I have checked and you are able to do this. You can just apply to both and then when it comes to results day pick the course you want. If you have any queries about this that are more specific please feel free to contact myself privately and I can give you some contact details!- Emily:smile:
Further to my previous message, I have checked and you are able to do this. You can just apply to both and then when it comes to results day pick the course you want. If you have any queries about this that are more specific please feel free to contact myself privately and I can give you some contact details!- Emily:smile:

Is medicine at uclan with foundation year only for international students?
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
Is medicine at uclan with foundation year only for international students?

Hi, yes at UCLan our foundation year is only open to international students. In order for home students to progress onto MBBS without the correct A Levels they have to either do a science based degree first or do medical sciences which can be used to get you to the point of studying medicine. I do apologise if that has caused any confusion for yourself, I am happy to answer any more queries you may have?- Emily:smile:
Hi, yes at UCLan our foundation year is only open to international students. In order for home students to progress onto MBBS without the
correct A Levels they have to either do a science based degree first or do medical sciences which can be used to get you to the point of studying medicine. I do apologise if that has caused any confusion for yourself, I am happy to answer any more queries you may have?- Emily:smile:

hi I wanted to know if there are still places available for the med foundation year as they have mentioned that they will consider my application if only I don’t qualify for regular mbbs since I have applied for both. So I wanted to know whether places where still available as it is quite late into the process
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending