The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL MSc Transport and City Planning

Hi, I was wondering whether anyone here has enrolled for MSc in Transport and City Planning at the Bartlett School of Planning at UCL (2022-23)? Would like to connect with my future coursemates!
Not quite UCL but I’m on the similar Transport MSc at Imperial - I imagine quite a few of the modules are shared
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Hi there! Thanks for reaching out! That is awesome...would be a pleasure to stay in touch! :smile:
Original post by supalape
Not quite UCL but I’m on the similar Transport MSc at Imperial - I imagine quite a few of the modules are shared
Hello! I'm aware this is an old thread but I've accepted an offer for that same program in 2023-24. Are you enjoying it so far? What undergraduate background do you come from?
Reply 4
Original post by BlooCheese
Hello! I'm aware this is an old thread but I've accepted an offer for that same program in 2023-24. Are you enjoying it so far? What undergraduate background do you come from?

Hey! I am...It's a nice course! I have done my bachelor's and master's in Geography, but we have students who have a degree in architecture, civil engineering and logistics as well. I'm sure you will like it. :smile: If there's anything you want to know specifically, let me know. I'll try my best to answer it...
Original post by Arusharma
Hey! I am...It's a nice course! I have done my bachelor's and master's in Geography, but we have students who have a degree in architecture, civil engineering and logistics as well. I'm sure you will like it. :smile: If there's anything you want to know specifically, let me know. I'll try my best to answer it...

Thanks so much, I'm really excited! What kinds of assignments do you get for your modules? I am currently completing my bachelors in geography and it is nice to know there are others from my background.
Reply 6
Well, no assignments as such. It varies from one module to another as I've never got any assignments but there are so many presentations you need to give and also you'll be busy writing essays. But there are articles and books you'll need to read before attending each class, although it is up to you if you want to read them or not, it is always better to have a look at the slides and readings before you attend any class. :smile:
Well, no assignments as such. It varies from one module to another as I've never got any assignments but there are so many presentations you need to give and also you'll be busy writing essays. But there are articles and books you'll need to read before attending each class, although it is up to you if you want to read them or not, it is always better to have a look at the slides and readings before you attend any class. :smile:

Thanks for the advice! I'm a talented writer and I like presenting on subjects that I'm passionate about. Anything else I should know before September?
Reply 8
Nothing in particular, that is it. Be careful when selecting your modules. You'll love Professor Robin Hickman! He's my favourite. :smile: He is also the course director. If you ever feel like you have questions or want to talk about something, feel free to send me a DM. Good luck!
Nothing in particular, that is it. Be careful when selecting your modules. You'll love Professor Robin Hickman! He's my favourite. :smile: He is also the course director. If you ever feel like you have questions or want to talk about something, feel free to send me a DM. Good luck!

Hi, would you give any suggestion on elective modules based on your experience? Which one is better, do 45 credits in T1, then 75 credits in T2, or do 60 credits in each term? Thank you...
Original post by BlooCheese

Hi, we will be classmate. I am also taking the MSc Transport and City Planning this academic year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending