The Student Room Group

Official: Anglia Ruskin University A100 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aishu.a
Hi, I am applying to medicine as a grad entry student this year. I have my ucat on September 15th. I do not meet the gcse requirements for anglia ruskin (7 in maths, 7 in English, C in all sciences). Would this hold me back from receiving an interview even if my ucat score is high and I’ve met all other requirements?

Have you read their website? Minimum requirements are set as that - the minimum requirements. They are required, and if you do not meet them, you will be rejected. Stats will be logged and the initial sift will reject all those who do not meet minimum requirements, without even looking at the rest of the application, I'm afraid
Thank you for the response. Yes, I'm aware of this however a friend of mine who is currently studying medicine at Anglia Ruskin had applied with 3 A's at A-levels but her maths GCSE did not meet their requirements, she had a level 4 in maths. So I was wondering if perhaps they are lenient on GCSE grades depending on the rest of the application.

Original post by GANFYD
Have you read their website? Minimum requirements are set as that - the minimum requirements. They are required, and if you do not meet them, you will be rejected. Stats will be logged and the initial sift will reject all those who do not meet minimum requirements, without even looking at the rest of the application, I'm afraid
Original post by aishu.a
Thank you for the response. Yes, I'm aware of this however a friend of mine who is currently studying medicine at Anglia Ruskin had applied with 3 A's at A-levels but her maths GCSE did not meet their requirements, she had a level 4 in maths. So I was wondering if perhaps they are lenient on GCSE grades depending on the rest of the application.

They only used to ask for 5 x 4/Cs, but put it up a couple of years ago, so depends when your friend started?
She started in September 2020. Had they changed the requirements by this time or was 5x4c’s back then?
Original post by aishu.a
She started in September 2020. Had they changed the requirements by this time or was 5x4c’s back then?

I think it changed for 2021 entry, but it all blurs together, these days!
So do you reckon they won’t be lenient at all when it comes to the gcse grades regardless of my ucat score/degree/personal statement?

Original post by GANFYD
I think it changed for 2021 entry, but it all blurs together, these days!
is it a myth that it's easier to get into ruskin compared to the older established unis?
Original post by aishu.a
So do you reckon they won’t be lenient at all when it comes to the gcse grades regardless of my ucat score/degree/personal statement?

I do not think they would set minimum requirements that they then ignore, as if they do it for one, they would have to do it for everyone, and then there would be no point having them
how many places for home students particularly school leaver and interview to offer ratio@GANFYD
Do they give more offers for East England / Essex undergrads over no-EE or Essex interviewed candidates?
When I visited ARU's website on the entry requirements tab it says Entry requirements are not currently available, please try again later. Is it just for me? Am I in the wrong website?
Original post by Buzzzbee
When I visited ARU's website on the entry requirements tab it says Entry requirements are not currently available, please try again later. Is it just for me? Am I in the wrong website?

It's not working for me either
Do they give more offers for East England / Essex undergrads over no-EE or Essex interviewed candidates?
Reply 33
Any idea about ARU offer rate last year?
Has anyone on here been to one of their open days or been to Chelmsford? Wondering if anyone can give me some insight into what it's like to actually study and live there?
Hi
Would it be worth applying with 2780 band 2?
Do ARU accept GCSE resits? They have not replied to my email and I can't seem to find it on their website!
Hello everyone, :smile:

As you may have noticed, this thread owner is @TSR George - an account used by TSR for several purposes including as a placeholder when a thread owner wishes to delete their account.

If you would like to be the new first post in this thread - you can!
To do this, please tag @04MR17 or @StrawberryDreams in this thread and ask for the OP to be changed to you.
Please do this if you would like to add additional resources into the OP and intend to stay around on the forums during the application cycle.

The owner of a thread will only be changed once - except if an OP deletes their account.

Please allow 48 hours for your request to be seen and actioned. This message will be posted into each of the 2023 applicants threads currently owned by TSR George.

Thanks all,

MR
Hi guys would applying ARU Be risky with these ucat stats? just slightly worried about the cut off

Ucat score: 2680 B3
GCSEs:9-9,8,777 2XBtec level 2 disitnction
Achieved A levels: A*AA
ive shortlisted Plymouth and Liverpool but not too sure whether to apply here
Original post by jsalin18
Hi guys would applying ARU Be risky with these ucat stats? just slightly worried about the cut off

Ucat score: 2680 B3
GCSEs:9-9,8,777 2XBtec level 2 disitnction
Achieved A levels: A*AA
ive shortlisted Plymouth and Liverpool but not too sure whether to apply here

I just found out yesterday that if you’re from the east of England you get extra points and even more if you’re from Essex, so if you’re from either I’d say you’re safe as the UCAT cutoff was 2640 last year I think

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending