The Student Room Group

Official: Anglia Ruskin University A100 2023 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by veena.nair
Do uni's have term holidays :smile:.. Will we be then expecting offers during the term holidays then?

Hello,

Most universities only have holidays at easter (end of March/April) and not a February half term. So you would probably expect to hear an offer before this :smile:

Emilia
Medic Mind
last interview was 16th Jan.
I was told on the day of my interview they would get back to everyone mid February ?
Original post by Vanqueef
I was told on the day of my interview they would get back to everyone mid February ?

ye that's what they are meant to but, technically they can delay it if they wanted to cause ucas deadline is after march. last year, i believe they put loads of people on the waiting list, which meant they dragged their feet in terms of drip feeding offers through to the people at the top of the waiting list. everyone else was rejected on the ucas deadline but kept on the waiting list for various reasons e.g. if a spot becomes available on results day, they'll offer someone on the waiting list.
(edited 1 year ago)
Update: although ARU are officially sending offers out mid-feb (or have said they will...), someone has gotten an unconditional offer for biomed/medical sciences/optometry as they didn't meet the UCAT threshold for ARU this year. However, they were contacted by ARU to say they were impressed with the personal statement, so the candidate will get a direct transfer from year 1 of biomed/medical sciences/optometry to medicine (guaranteed, providing they meet the UCAT cut off for next year - so they have to redo the UCAT which is the only catch to the offer).
Original post by medic0975
Update: although ARU are officially sending offers out mid-feb (or have said they will...), someone has gotten an unconditional offer for biomed/medical sciences/optometry as they didn't meet the UCAT threshold for ARU this year. However, they were contacted by ARU to say they were impressed with the personal statement, so the candidate will get a direct transfer from year 1 of biomed/medical sciences/optometry to medicine (guaranteed, providing they meet the UCAT cut off for next year - so they have to redo the UCAT which is the only catch to the offer).

Do they not have to do an interview?
Original post by BCGscience
Do they not have to do an interview?

no, they don't need an interview.
Reply 587
no, they don't need an interview.

That sounds like a misunderstanding. It is much more likely that they are guaranteed an interview for a transfer next year subject to meeting the UCAT cut off. They should read the offer very carefully!
Original post by TCL
That sounds like a misunderstanding. It is much more likely that they are guaranteed an interview for a transfer next year subject to meeting the UCAT cut off. They should read the offer very carefully!

hmmm yeah i'd agree ... simply relaying info from another group - not about me!
Original post by TCL

Ohhh they updated and confirmed they didn't have to interview for biomed, but will have to do interview for med transfer ... hope that clears things up! Apologies for confusion :smile:

there is no guaranteed interview, you have to do the UCAT again for that cycle and you have to meet academic requirements within the course aswell, and also perform well in the interview if you receive one, the chances of getting in are also very slim so it is not something to take lightly, it is still very competitive with few places given.
Original post by Asma1608
there is no guaranteed interview, you have to do the UCAT again for that cycle and you have to meet academic requirements within the course aswell, and also perform well in the interview if you receive one, the chances of getting in are also very slim so it is not something to take lightly, it is still very competitive with few places given.

Yes I know - I'm simply relaying information from another group, not talking about myself. I know how competitive these things can be as also clarified :smile:
Does anyone know when ARU start sending our decisions? As in i'm aware we should know by mid feb according to what they've told us, but im assuming they dont send out all acceptances etc. on one day? Thanks :smile:
Original post by _kiiara_
Does anyone know when ARU start sending our decisions? As in i'm aware we should know by mid feb according to what they've told us, but im assuming they dont send out all acceptances etc. on one day? Thanks :smile:

You can call admissions. pretty sure everyone was told mid February.
I'll be commuting from home. Tried looking for what the first year timetable will be like and couldn't find much information. Does anyone know roughly how often in a week we'll be required to be on campus?
Hi guys, do you lot reckon we could have offers coming out this week/next week? Last year was 14th feb, but i think they had to be delayed - the year previous to that it was the 8th feb i think?
Original post by BigChunguz
Hi guys, do you lot reckon we could have offers coming out this week/next week? Last year was 14th feb, but i think they had to be delayed - the year previous to that it was the 8th feb i think?

Was thinking the same thing! Hopefully offers come out sooner rather than later because the wait is literally killing me. When you looked at last years thread did you notice how long they were sending offers over (e.g. sent all interview results within a week)? x
Original post by _kiiara_
Was thinking the same thing! Hopefully offers come out sooner rather than later because the wait is literally killing me. When you looked at last years thread did you notice how long they were sending offers over (e.g. sent all interview results within a week)? x

From what i read the offers last year came out over the course of like 3 days? I might be wrong though. Keep in mind that loads of people were put on a waitlist
Original post by BigChunguz
From what i read the offers last year came out over the course of like 3 days? I might be wrong though. Keep in mind that loads of people were put on a waitlist

Yes they did send offers in 3 days - might have more info? Heaps of people were placed on the waiting list though and they drip fed offers out as and when people firmed and declined offers.
Also I have a question for you guys- if you log into your Evision account and go to your application info, what does it say next to your A levels/gsces that you've uploaded? (ie. Does it say 'Reviewing/Processing' or 'Accepted' etc.) I dont know if it means anything but i thought i'd ask anyway, since it got brought up in last years thread
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending