The Student Room Group
University of York
York

When should i arrive?

I'm an incoming international student at University of York. My term starts on the 26th of September, but there's a full week of events like inductions and other stuff starting on the 19th. Is it mandatory to attend the welcome week as I might not be able to arrive for the first few days of the welcome week?
Original post by pvamaan
I'm an incoming international student at University of York. My term starts on the 26th of September, but there's a full week of events like inductions and other stuff starting on the 19th. Is it mandatory to attend the welcome week as I might not be able to arrive for the first few days of the welcome week?

Your uni will expect you to be there. I had timetabled tutor meets and talks from the head of school, head of degree etc about the degree, student experience and other things. Attendance is compulsory and some unis take attendance to monitor this. I had this at both unis I attended/attend.
(edited 1 year ago)
University of York
York
Original post by pvamaan

Hi,

I would suggest that you contact [email protected] to let them know that you might not be able to arrive for the first few days. They will be able to give you some advice and let you know which events are mandatory. Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending