The Student Room Group

Should I appeal my AS grade?

So I received my AS results yesterday and got 4As and 1B.
The B was in Physics.
I was 1 mark of an A, I got 71 marks I needed 72.

Is it worth appealing this?
Reply 1
You only need 3 A Levels to get into university so not really. However, if physics is a requirement for your course I would urge you to get a remark done on your paper. If you wanted to just try having a remark purely to get 5A's sure go for it you might actually get the A but it won't really mean much.
Reply 2
Original post by 048243
You only need 3 A Levels to get into university so not really. However, if physics is a requirement for your course I would urge you to get a remark done on your paper. If you wanted to just try having a remark purely to get 5A's sure go for it you might actually get the A but it won't really mean much.

This was kinda my thought process
I was one mark off a B in A Level Physics and im getting it remarked. How likely do you think I'll get that one mark?
Reply 4
Original post by ellouiseMP
I was one mark off a B in A Level Physics and im getting it remarked. How likely do you think I'll get that one mark?

Hi! Nothing can be guaranteed but remarking is available for a reason since examiners do make mistakes much like your teachers. You could very well get an A but I'd only suggest opting for a remark if you need the A grade for university.
Original post by 048243
Hi! Nothing can be guaranteed but remarking is available for a reason since examiners do make mistakes much like your teachers. You could very well get an A but I'd only suggest opting for a remark if you need the A grade for university.

Yes, sadly I need the grade for uni. Thanks for your reply!

Quick Reply

Latest