The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If you wanted an opinion of your looks you should have just come straight out and asked.
Reply 81
Their all dicks.

ED:

does anyone know if CoD 5 is any good - should I get it on the Wii or PC?
Mithra
To be fair though, if you are just going to insult all of the good PS3 exclusive games you can do that for the 360's too :smile:. Also tbh the 360 has less exclusive games (and lost Saint's row to multiplatform which no-one seems to have mentioned ever :smile:)

But thats the thing, they aren't good PS3 exclusive games, they're average. Metal Gear Solid has pretty much nothing gameplay-wise that makes it special and the story is too wordy, and that's the title the PS3 is considering its biggest game which is quite scary. Oh, and the 360 has far more exclusive games on the market than the PS3 actually, fyi. The 360 does have a lot of big exclusives as well, like Gears of War, Mass Effect, Fable II as well, although the flagship, Halo 3, is an incredibly average game.

As an owner of both consoles though, I can objectively state that the Xbox 360 delivers more games-wise than the PlayStation 3 at this point in time. :p:
IanDangerously
But thats the thing, they aren't good PS3 exclusive games, they're average. Metal Gear Solid has pretty much nothing gameplay-wise that makes it special and the story is too wordy, and that's the title the PS3 is considering its biggest game which is quite scary. Oh, and the 360 has far more exclusive games on the market than the PS3 actually, fyi. The 360 does have a lot of big exclusives as well, like Gears of War, Mass Effect, Fable II as well, although the flagship, Halo 3, is an incredibly average game.

As an owner of both consoles though, I can objectively state that the Xbox 360 delivers more games-wise than the PlayStation 3 at this point in time. :p:

I own both consoles too and I prefer my ps3.

It's called opinion! You didn't like MGS4 but thousands of people out there did. The 360 has been out way, way longer so it's no surprise it has more exclusives! You can't discount ps3 games which are rated very highly just because you don't like them. I think GOW and Mass Effect are more average than anything on the ps3, but that doesn't mean I'm right, it's just my preference.
There are so many types of gamers you can't have a label for all of them, e.g I'm always up for a game of Fifa but wouldn't call myself a 'gamer.'
Reply 85
Neg rep this guy to hell.
Why does he feel he needs to post pictures of himself everywhere?

(and just a comment so I can claim this is to the point: you've misdefined "gamer guys" - too generic. Does a non-gamer guy who plays one game become a gamer guy? Enter the real world, please).
Who cares, do what you want, and if a girl doesn't like you for who you are, so what?

That said, this looks like a giant advert for yourself :p:
You have a big nose and puny muscles.
jacketpotato
OMG will you be my girlfriend????

All the girls I know HATE the fact that I game!!!! :frown:

Lol! I'm afraid I have one. Who makes fun of me for my gaming :mad: lol.
I was a PS2 addict before I met my boyfriend, and since we got together we've invested in a PS3 and it's amazing! We both love GTAIV, Burnout Paradise and I love Eye Create, he loves Far Cry and Assassin's Creed, but we're currently addicted to Little Big Planet and we have a wicked time on it. When he's at work I'll play on it for hours sometimes, when we're both here either he'll be playing on it or we'll both play on it, again for hours. Can't beat a good game!
Reply 90
IanDangerously

I had both and sold the 360 a year a go. I've not had any regrets either. So you can objectively state what you want but it's means fa tbh.
Reply 91
I game a lot and get loads of girls
junglemonkey
I own both consoles too and I prefer my ps3.

It's called opinion! You didn't like MGS4 but thousands of people out there did. The 360 has been out way, way longer so it's no surprise it has more exclusives! You can't discount ps3 games which are rated very highly just because you don't like them. I think GOW and Mass Effect are more average than anything on the ps3, but that doesn't mean I'm right, it's just my preference.

Thousands of people liked MGS4 but I get the feeling these were probably the people who are big movie fans because thats effectively what that game was. Although I get the feeling that's sort of Sony's target market now with the whole blu-ray thing. The 360 is a games console which does other stuff, the PS3 is an entertainment system which also plays games - there's the fundamental difference.

I don't discount PS3 games which are highly rated but I will pick up on particular reasons why the game is bad, as I did in one of my other posts. It's not really discounting the game so much as being cynical of it for having e.g. bad characterisation, or texture issues, or illogical controls. Then again, I do the same with 360 games as well.

The only PS3 exclusive thats coming out next year I'm looking forward to is Heavy Rain .... which will be awesome. :p:
hec
I game a lot and get loads of girls

Ever been blown whilst playing Fifa?
Reply 94
IanDangerously

Neither Mass Effect nor Fable II are 360 exclusives - they're both available for PC too. This is what puts me off bothering with a 360. I have a high-end PC and pretty much everything worth playing on the 360 gets a PC release... and generally with better graphics. Never thought much of Gears of War, and I thought Halo was absolute rubbish from the very beginning. I remember a mate raving about the original Halo (I didn't have an original Xbox either) and when I played it at his place... seriously... wtf? :s-smilie:

P.S. Gamez rulez lolz! Girlz love it. I have sex loadz of timez.
Reply 95
gamer91
Their all dicks.

ED:

hmm, i played it on the playstation last night. and to be honest, it was absolutely ****! medal of honour is much better in general

but, if you are going to get it (dont :P) get it on pc
gamer91
Their all dicks.

ED:

I'm actually very impressed with it. The maps online are awesome and the campain's good. They've totally ripped of COD4 so much though lol.

Oh, and PC :biggrin:
Mayn, I'm a hardcore gamer.

Was playing last nigt from 1am - 4am, went I could'nt sleep.

Tonight from 11pm till 3am - its COD5 :cool:

Unless i decide to go out, in which case I'll plauy when I come back 4/5am :yep:

I don't care whether the ladies like it or not. I'd gladly choose COD5 over a girl :s-smilie:
Reply 98
tom//
hmm, i played it on the playstation last night. and to be honest, it was absolutely ****! medal of honour is much better in general

but, if you are going to get it (dont :P) get it on pc

cool thanks, so basically another half assed attitude to the console ports (like CoD3).
I've heard its quite good on pc, so I may get it.
You Sit?
Neither Mass Effect nor Fable II are 360 exclusives - they're both available for PC too. This is what puts me off bothering with a 360. I have a high-end PC and pretty much everything worth playing on the 360 gets a PC release... and generally with better graphics. Never thought much of Gears of War, and I thought Halo was absolute rubbish from the very beginning. I remember a mate raving about the original Halo (I didn't have an original Xbox either) and when I played it at his place... seriously... wtf? :s-smilie:

P.S. Gamez rulez lolz! Girlz love it. I have sex loadz of timez.

I tend to keep forgetting about the PC, I meant they're exclusive within the console market to the 360. The trouble with a high-end PC is that they tend to cost a lot of money, and theres a lot of people who cant afford it. The PC will always be able to deliver games better than consoles in terms of graphics, but I find personally the gameplay is better on consoles because the control scheme is much easier. Plus its harder to get RSI and back pain from sitting in the same place for too long!

The first Halo was quite good to be fair, the second was absymal and the 3rd is mediocre ... but all of them have been massively over-rated. Halo 3 was voted in lots of awards as Game of the Year last year I believe, which pissed me off. The storyline was convoluted and explained badly, the graphics got shinier (but not necessarily better), and the gameplay was frustratingly repetitive. It definitely wasn't as good as Bioshock. :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending