The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
gamer91
Their all dicks.

ED:

does anyone know if CoD 5 is any good - should I get it on the Wii or PC?

I'm struggling to think of a reason why you'd even consider getting it on the Wii.
Reply 101
you go to the gym?

Anyone could get your body, all they'd have to do is not eat for a while and get low bf%
gamer91
Their all dicks.

ED:

does anyone know if CoD 5 is any good - should I get it on the Wii or PC?

Should anyone ever buy a serious FPS, or indeed anything which isn't a cartoony Nintendo franchise, on the Wii?

No.
My boyfriend is a gamer. In fact, he's doing a degree in computer games programming. And he's lovely...

But I wouldn't say I have an overall opinion of "gamer guys". They're people, and variable.
Who wants to try my new LBP level? Heart me please.
Reply 105
IanDangerously
I tend to keep forgetting about the PC, I meant they're exclusive within the console market to the 360. The trouble with a high-end PC is that they tend to cost a lot of money, and theres a lot of people who cant afford it. The PC will always be able to deliver games better than consoles in terms of graphics, but I find personally the gameplay is better on consoles because the control scheme is much easier. Plus its harder to get RSI and back pain from sitting in the same place for too long!

Hmm... I agree with control pads being better for a lot of games... but, not FPS, which currently seems to make up the bulk of the console gaming market. Which seems a bit odd. Also, as for the expense, yes the expense of keeping up with PC gaming is quite a lot, to play the latest games well. However, the same isn't true for multiplatform games released on both 360 and PC. A PC that's capable of pleying a 360-released game well now, will be able to play any 360-released game well for the lifespan of the console. Since the 360's hardware is fixed, and the games are made with "running well on the 360" in mind, no PC upgrades will be neeved to play future 360 games. graphics standards etc. do improve a bit over the lifespan of the console, but that tends to be through software optimisation as the programmers get to know the system better. Basically, nothing will ever be released on both 360 and PC that won't run well on a PC that was high-end circa 2007... which you could build for now for peanuts, and that cost only falls as time passes.
Cortez
I'm struggling to think of a reason why you'd even consider getting it on the Wii.

To satisfy the desire to be shot in the head repeatedly on the first mission before hurling the controller through the TV screen as a result of the clunky irresponsive control system never allowing you to pull off a single accurate shot in time, perhaps?
I don't think it really matters if you're a gamer or not. It matters how you act when you're outside (not playing the game). Well, save the 24/7 gamers, I don't think many girls like them :wink:
Like this: http://www.pwned.nl/
Reply 108
I am dating a gamer which is excellent because it means I don't have to pay for my own games and can play Guitar Hero whenever I want.

(I do actually like him, I hasten to add. The Wii and Steam account are merely bonuses, if quite significant ones...)
I wouldn't go out with 'hardcore gamers', my mates who're gamers are extremely competitive which i don't like in people and very arrogant. All they ever want to do is play on their xbox's etc and are very over critical of when i attempt to play, this goes into every othher game they play computer games, sports or whatever all they ever want to do is compete against people whether it be pool, darts, bowling etc and get in massive moods if they lose. They do my head in majorly!!!
ibs137
Basically what the title says.

Remember not all gamers are fat, spotty RPG players.

I consider myself a hardcore gamer (CSS, TF2, Quake, UT3 and maybe CoH) but I still have time to go the gym for a serious workout (check the pic! :P),play football + table tennis, go to cinema occasionally and still get 4 As at AS.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA!
OP, I wish I was you :frown: I want a washboard stomach like you.
Reply 112
ibs137
Basically what the title says.

Remember not all gamers are fat, spotty RPG players.

I consider myself a hardcore gamer (CSS, TF2, Quake, UT3 and maybe CoH) but I still have time to go the gym for a serious workout (check the pic! :P),play football + table tennis, go to cinema occasionally and still get 4 As at AS.

lol i think this is hilarious! the fact the thread is still going

you yourself are an idiot lol

such people never really boast about themselves. to make the judgement that someone is like this is usally made by observation, not having it jammed down your throat by the person - it just shows they're discontent
You Sit?
Hmm... I agree with control pads being better for a lot of games... but, not FPS, which currently seems to make up the bulk of the console gaming market. Which seems a bit odd. Also, as for the expense, yes the expense of keeping up with PC gaming is quite a lot, to play the latest games well. However, the same isn't true for multiplatform games released on both 360 and PC. A PC that's capable of pleying a 360-released game well now, will be able to play any 360-released game well for the lifespan of the console. Since the 360's hardware is fixed, and the games are made with "running well on the 360" in mind, no PC upgrades will be neeved to play future 360 games. graphics standards etc. do improve a bit over the lifespan of the console, but that tends to be through software optimisation as the programmers get to know the system better. Basically, nothing will ever be released on both 360 and PC that won't run well on a PC that was high-end circa 2007... which you could build for now for peanuts, and that cost only falls as time passes.

Control pads allow a more comfortable and flexible way of gaming which is why consoles will always remain popular. PC may have more accurate controls for FPS games and whatnot with the mouse but more often than not, the controls are more than accurate enough on the console controllers now anyway within the constraints of the game that it can be played without any major disadvantage or restriction.

The other thing with the PC is that people can buy expensive gaming keyboards and mice and stuff, which creates competitive advantage- which isn't necessarily a good thing imo, at least you know playing online on the consoles that everyone else has the same equipment.

I thought most of the appeal of having a PC for games was the ability to play the latest technology? Surely if someone was going to build or buy a PC that was just designed to be capable of playing 360 games then they'd be better off just actually buying a 360? I wonder how much better 360 games can get based off the hardware because there's been things coming out in the last year that don't run properly on the old models of the 360 (Grand Theft Auto IV being the obvious example). Since Microsoft changed the hardware and there's still a lot of dodgy units from 2005/6 out there, I really don't see there being a game that comes along at the end of the product cycle that blows everyone away like God of War II on the PlayStation
Spike4848
Oh really? Any particular kind of wishes?

Lol, anything I suppose. And without make-up, I'm actually blue like the genie from Aladdin.
onthejubileeline
Lol, anything I suppose. And without make-up, I'm actually blue like the genie from Aladdin.

Wow, that would be COOL. Do you live in a household utensil of any kind? That would add extra kudos.

I'll keep you in mind next time I want something unattainable....do you have a limit on number of wishes?
Spike4848
Wow, that would be COOL. Do you live in a household utensil of any kind? That would add extra kudos.

I'll keep you in mind next time I want something unattainable....do you have a limit on number of wishes?

One. But I can make exceptions :wink:

Did you have anything in mind?
Reply 117
IanDangerously
Should anyone ever buy a serious FPS, or indeed anything which isn't a cartoony Nintendo franchise, on the Wii?

No.

Don't you see? This is probably what girls have against gamer guys! The mad rabid insane fanboyism. It's not the gaming, its the obsession and the flagrant lack of common sense around them.
I'm singling you out cos you slagged off the Wii with one of the most stupid things i've ever heard.

What about RE4/MP3? Both serious, both shooters and both play wonderfully with the remote, once you realise that the sensor bar is UV and that having huge streams of UV (sunlight) blasting your controller will bugger it up. Although playing in the dark does somewhat contribute to the shut-in-gamer stereotype, so just play in the evenings when it's dark anyway.
Gourdman
Don't you see? This is probably what girls have against gamer guys! The mad rabid insane fanboyism. It's not the gaming, its the obsession and the flagrant lack of common sense around them.
I'm singling you out cos you slagged off the Wii with one of the most stupid things i've ever heard.

What about RE4/MP3? Both serious, both shooters and both play wonderfully with the remote, once you realise that the sensor bar is UV and that having huge streams of UV (sunlight) blasting your controller will bugger it up. Although playing in the dark does somewhat contribute to the shut-in-gamer stereotype, so just play in the evenings when it's dark anyway.

You have a point. A lot of typical gamer guys have the attitude that their opinion is higher than yours and they're right cause the internetz told them so. Although he does have a point about the Wii :p:
onthejubileeline
One. But I can make exceptions :wink:

Did you have anything in mind?

See, while usually at this point I'd take advantage of the CLEAR opportunity and make some suggestive remark with raised eyebrows, this being a forum and such this will just make me seem excessively creepy.

So instead I will wish to know (as this has been bugging me today now) whether you actually live on the jubilee line or not? (Bland I know, but what can I say? I'm fulfilled)

Latest

Trending

Trending