The Student Room Group

PwC Game Based Assessment 2023 intake Graduate Scheme

Hello, I am now completing my application to PwC's graduate programme, and I am anxious about the game-based evaluations. Has anyone completed one already this year? Could you describe the many types of assessments? I am aware that there were balloon-bursting, sequence, energy generator, arrow one, and password games*last year. How are things this year? Any advice is appreciated!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, Its exactly the same as last years.

I'm doing mine right now and am stuck on the password games one. Might give up in a few hours. But that might be the reason I was rejected straight away last time for the internship...
Reply 2
I'm doing mine right now and it's exactly the same as last year.Been trying to do the games password one right now. Might give up in a few hours. But that might be the reason I didn't get in for the internship...
meme application process

fyi everyone i know at pwc works 50 hours for like 30k and they work long hours during the summer weeks to get off early on fridays, and then a client rocks up on a friday and holds them back longer
Reply 4
Original post by RKB00
I'm doing mine right now and it's exactly the same as last year.Been trying to do the games password one right now. Might give up in a few hours. But that might be the reason I didn't get in for the internship...

Did you finish? How did it go?
Reply 5
Original post by mattku
Did you finish? How did it go?

No I wasn’t able to finish it

On the lock game, only got up to the 4 th round and second to last number.

The 3rd and 4th number to lock on round 4 seem impossible. Got lucky with the 3rd one and failed on the 4th one. Would’ve only had one more to go after that 😭

Anyways, I did it for 6 and half hours. Spent my time doing it.

When I exited the game it said progress couldn’t be saved.

I still have 1 more test after the lock game. The numerical one.

I contacted pwc since they said in their email to stop playing if I have technical difficulties and contact them.

They haven’t replied back yet
Reply 6
Original post by RKB00
No I wasn’t able to finish it

On the lock game, only got up to the 4 th round and second to last number.

The 3rd and 4th number to lock on round 4 seem impossible. Got lucky with the 3rd one and failed on the 4th one. Would’ve only had one more to go after that 😭

Anyways, I did it for 6 and half hours. Spent my time doing it.

When I exited the game it said progress couldn’t be saved.

I still have 1 more test after the lock game. The numerical one.

I contacted pwc since they said in their email to stop playing if I have technical difficulties and contact them.

They haven’t replied back yet

Ah that's unfortunate, let's hope they reply and help you out.

Just to make sure, you sent 6.5hrs in total, or just on the lock game?
Reply 7
Original post by mattku
Ah that's unfortunate, let's hope they reply and help you out.

Just to make sure, you sent 6.5hrs in total, or just on the lock game?

The games before the lock game were quick. Maybe under 30 mins

the lock game I spent 6.5 hours, but I ate took and shower. Basically took my time on it

I hope they do 😭 I wouldn’t mind restarting the whole assessment since I could’ve done better on the arrow game 😅
Reply 8
Hi everyone, so I just finished career unlocked. The locker game was very hard, as compared to the stages before that, it took me around 7 days to complete the locker game. On average I spent about 3 hours each day on it. Besides I am just worried that I didn’t do well for my numerical test, I got confused at first and lost a few mins there and then time was running out so I kinda guessed last few (around 5 to 6) questions. Do you think I can still get in?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Malisoomro
Hi everyone, so I just finished career unlocked. The locker game was very hard, as compared to the stages before that, it took me around 7 days to complete the locker game. On average I spent about 3 hours each day on it. Besides I am just worried that I didn’t do well for my numerical test, I got confused at first and lost a few mins there and then time was running out so I kinda guessed last few (around 5 to 6) questions. Do you think I can still get in?

I personally think they don’t give enough time for the numerical test. Extra 5 mins would really help us answer the questions.

Did you get all the codes unlocked on the lock game? Did you have to keep your device on for the lock game?

I don’t see why not. If you can finish the lock game, I’m sure that means you try really hard and actually get the task done without giving up. You usually get a rejection straight away and since you’re on here you probably haven’t got rejected yet
Reply 10
Thanks for the motivation. Yeah you are right, but I guess they are trying to see how you work under pressure by giving you limited amount of time.

Yes, I got all the codes unlocked. And no not necessarily, I just kept the internet tab open put my device to sleep, which I usually do. But even if you have to rejoin you can just click on the link which would have been emailed to you and you will get to the lock game.

I hope so, but I haven’t got a single email from them yet, not even an email to say that I have completed career unlocked and you have to wait for the response etc. they haven’t said anything yet

Original post by RKB00
I personally think they don’t give enough time for the numerical test. Extra 5 mins would really help us answer the questions.

Did you get all the codes unlocked on the lock game? Did you have to keep your device on for the lock game?

I don’t see why not. If you can finish the lock game, I’m sure that means you try really hard and actually get the task done without giving up. You usually get a rejection straight away and since you’re on here you probably haven’t got rejected yet
Reply 11
Original post by Soomro
Thanks for the motivation. Yeah you are right, but I guess they are trying to see how you work under pressure by giving you limited amount of time.

Yes, I got all the codes unlocked. And no not necessarily, I just kept the internet tab open put my device to sleep, which I usually do. But even if you have to rejoin you can just click on the link which would have been emailed to you and you will get to the lock game.

I hope so, but I haven’t got a single email from them yet, not even an email to say that I have completed career unlocked and you have to wait for the response etc. they haven’t said anything yet

Have you heard anything from them yet?

I just got an email back today and I need to do the lock one again.....

Then got a email few hours later that the deadlines passed. I mean I waited nearly a week for a response and my deadline was yesterday.
Reply 12
Original post by RKB00

Then got a email few hours later that the deadlines passed. I mean I waited nearly a week for a response and my deadline was yesterday.

So sorry to hear that... Which role did you apply to? Does that mean you have to wait 6 months to reapply to a different graduate scheme at PwC now or can you apply to another one straight away due to these issues?

I am doing my lock game now since 12pm, I'm actually losing my mind at this point. Got as far as 4th round number 3, cannot go past that one.
Reply 13
Original post by mattku
So sorry to hear that... Which role did you apply to? Does that mean you have to wait 6 months to reapply to a different graduate scheme at PwC now or can you apply to another one straight away due to these issues?

I am doing my lock game now since 12pm, I'm actually losing my mind at this point. Got as far as 4th round number 3, cannot go past that one.

I applied for the graduate audit role

I can still access my assessment portal through the link they gave me. So I'm doing it now

I've emailed pwc and forwarded my previous emails and asked for deadline extension as I wasted nearly a week waiting for them to reply

It's impossible after the first few in the fourth round.

The first 3 are actually easier now
Reply 14
I havent heard back from them yet. Idk why they are taking so long.

Did you manage to finish it off and send it?
Original post by RKB00

Reply 15
Finishing the whole lock game does not result in strengthening your application. I completed the game tests last year for an internship and progressed to the video interview. I spent roughly 15 mins playing the lock game before quitting.

IMO spending a few hours even days on that game is ridiculous. In terms of strengths, it might show PWC that a negative trait you have is that you dwell on something for too long which isn't good in a fast-paced environment where loads of tasks need completing.

Well.. that's my take on it :smile:
Reply 16
So my update:

I just finished my lock game, and @Zeeyo's statement above me is absolutely correct. I've been playing this game since 1pm (it's currently 1.30am lol). It took me so long because reading the comment about how playing this game for 7 days lead to completion made me assume that I could also leave my page open. Well, I was mistaken. It simply reloaded itself, because a page containing content, such as a video game, cannot be operated without a reload. I'm not sure, maybe it's because I used a MacBook and Safari, but I tend to believe it should be the same on any software and browser. Then, after the reload, I had to start all over again, disregarding the Safari notification 'This webpage is using significant memory' with a recommendation to refresh, that appeared after 30mins. Because of my naivety, I was eventually unable to save the progress, like @RKB00 experienced (I reached 19th number out of 20, was not able to pass through 19th). Based on @RKB00's experience, I did not notify PwC about this issue as my deadline is in a few days, I just restarted it. I got to the 19th number again in about 10-15 minutes and saved my progress before the identical issue notice appeared. It was successful.

I mean, it still worked out for me since I got so much better at this game over those hours, but I'm not sure it's worth spending hours, or even days, just as @Zeeyo said.
(edited 1 year ago)
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 18
Wasted most of my day last week 😂

I’ve did mine last time and couldn’t be bothered to carry on after 5 mins so I gave up and just did the numerical test
How long did it take to hear back from PWC after the game-based assessment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending