The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Just got rejected from LSE BSc Econonomics L101 2023

Just got rejected from LSE economics today on the 12th October 2022 before the early entry UCAS deadline has even passed. I’m a home student and have 4 predicted A*s in Further maths, maths , economics and chemistry and thought my personal statement was at least pretty good. So I was wondering whether anyone else has received an offer/rejection from LSE?
What were your gcses?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
You sure this isn’t an administrative error?
Original post by Saqib186
What were your gcses?

I had eight 9s, two 8s, one 7 and an A in FSMQ Furthermaths. And also missed out that I also have an A* predicted for my EPQ
Wow it sounds like an error to me, get into contact with them
Original post by Saqib186
Wow it sounds like an error to me, get into contact with them

Yes I think that I’ll try to email the UG admissions department.
Does anyone know the best way to contact them as I can’t seem to find an email, and when I try to contact an adviser through the chat bot it says I don’t have an application with LSE.
Original post by JFK11365877
Does anyone know the best way to contact them as I can’t seem to find an email, and when I try to contact an adviser through the chat bot it says I don’t have an application with LSE.

Don’t email, ring them.
Original post by Son of the Sea
Don’t email, ring them.

Yep I’ve just found their contact number, but says you can only ring Monday, Wednesday or Friday between 10 and 12. So I’ll ring them prompt at 10 on Friday.
Just got rejected from LSE economics today on the 12th October 2022 before the early entry UCAS deadline has even passed. I’m a home student and have 4 predicted A*s in Further maths, maths , economics and chemistry and thought my personal statement was at least pretty good. So I was wondering whether anyone else has received an offer/rejection from LSE?

Hi, I’m so sorry to hear that, LSE is the best Uni really unfortunate that you’re not going to be there next year. I really hope it wasn’t your first choice, I would be heartbroken. Unfortunately in contrast to what many people have said, LSE this year is starting the offer/rejection process earlier due to last years delays. There is 0, ZERO chance that this was an administrative error. Best wishes. Glen Doxial - LSE First year student.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I’m so sorry to hear that, LSE is the best Uni really unfortunate that you’re not going to be there next year. I really hope it wasn’t your first choice, I would be heartbroken. Unfortunately in contrast to what many people have said, LSE this year is starting the offer/rejection process earlier due to last years delays. There is 0, ZERO chance that this was an administrative error. Best wishes. Glen Doxial - LSE First year student.

No one said it was definitely an error, just that it could be. Anyway, OP should still ring them just to make sure and your post is quite trollish tbh. You’ve gone anon and then yet give your name at the end of the post, make it make sense.
Original post by Anonymous

I have to ask... Why post anonymously and then give your name?
Original post by ageshallnot
I have to ask... Why post anonymously and then give your name?

I think it's pretty likely anon is a troll trying to make OP feel bad.
Original post by Son of the Sea
I think it's pretty likely anon is a troll trying to make OP feel bad.

Perhaps the name is the clue...

That is very disappointing, it is so hard to judge what went wrong. But it could be the personal statement.
Admin errors happen all the time. Definitely worth checking, but set your expectations that the outcome may well have been correct.
Yep I’ve just found their contact number, but says you can only ring Monday, Wednesday or Friday between 10 and 12. So I’ll ring them prompt at 10 on Friday.

Have you checked on UCAS track as well? If that's not been updated, might suggest it was some sort of error. Good luck tomorrow!
Has anyone else received an offer or rejection for LSE Bsc Economics 2023 ?
Has anyone received an offer from lse?
Bsc finance
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending