The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anal people would see it as an insult

not anal as in gay :eek:

not that gay is :eek: or anything but you know, and not that gay people are anal :eek: or something

not that they're NOT anal either because then that would be weird :eek:

but not anal in the negative sense even though some may be :eek:

omg :eek:
Reply 2
shadowkin
It's a compliment. :smile:

yah i agree. i take weird to mean unique!!
Reply 3
IHavePMS
anal people would see it as an insult

not anal as in gay :eek:

not that gay is :eek: or anything but you know, and not that gay people are anal :eek: or something

not that they're NOT anal either because then that would be weird :eek:

but not anal in the negative sense even though some may be :eek:

omg :eek:

there is no emoticon to express my confusion reading that :confused:
Some people think Im weird, but I don't care. At least Im different
Reply 5
m66
yah i agree. i take weird to mean unique!!

but the people who call others weird don't mean it to be a comliment
Reply 6
If a person calls you weird,it can be a good thing because at least you are doing something different than the norm.
It can be a good thing yes but I think the intention is usually to offend, which is why it's offensive. A bit like calling someone a ****** really :smile:
Bloody hell I really wish that hadn't been filtered out!! And if I try to tell you what it is I'll get warned :frown: Completely messed up my point there.

Ironic that it was filtered out just as I was saying it's not really an offensive word :p:
Reply 9
^That's true haha. It all depends on what they're pointing out that they think is weird.
An example of this was when I was headbanging at a rock concert(I really don't know how that's weird),and someone called me weird. I thought it was funny.
Reply 10
Onearmedbandit
It can be a good thing yes but I think the intention is usually to offend, which is why it's offensive. A bit like calling someone a ****** really :smile:

but im my case my judo instructor thinks im weird seriusly, i did a kick wrong and automaticly said 'oops i can't kick like that im just weird' and she replyed 'thats true, i figured that you were weird out ages ago' then another time i said i was confused at what she's just explained and she said 'nothing usual there mark'
but its not that she hates me she really does think im weird! shes not insulting just saying what she thinks

theres an example from experience :redface:
horrorboy
but im my case my judo instructor thinks im weird seriusly, i did a kick wrong and automaticly said 'oops i can't kick like that im just weird' and she replyed 'thats true, i figured that you were weird out ages ago' then another time i said i was confused at what she's just explained and she said 'nothing usual there'
but its not that she hates me she really does think im weird! shes not insulting just saying what she thinks

theres an example from experience :redface:

Well in this case I don't think her intention is to offend :smile:
Reply 12
Horrorboy..that sounds like she was joking..
Reply 13
Onearmedbandit
Well in this case I don't think her intention is to offend :smile:

exactly lol but why is she telling me? if i thought someone was seriously weird i wouldnt tell them :confused:
horrorboy
exactly lol but why is she telling me? if i thought someone was seriously weird i wouldnt tell them :confused:

Maybe she doesn't think it's a bad thing :smile:
Reply 15
DarkShadows08
Horrorboy..that sounds like she was joking..

no i know for a fact she wasn't since i used to be really shy when i first joined and would do weird stuff like stand at the side complaining i was ill for half a session cause i was too embarrased to join in :redface: she wondered why i went though if i didnt want to do the stuff but i was just to shy every1 was really good! i seriously acted like a r*tard it didn't help that i fancied her
horrorboy
just wondered since some see it as an insult and some don't :cool:

No. It's good to be yourself and be different.
horrorboy
just wondered since some see it as an insult and some don't :cool:

Depends how it's said. And how it's taken. Someone could be "weird" to a particular person, but they could be a genious to others :cool:

Think Albert Einstein and other famous mathmaticians and scientists.
Goodpoint.
Blue_Garage
Goodpoint.

Thankyou :smile: Hope you enjoy the rest of your day too :cool: Of course, it's my nightime now :rolleyes: but you get what I mean lol :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending