The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Looking for roommates 23/24

Hi! I’ll be doing MSc Computer Science in the University of Kent from 2023. I’ve been looking at houses outside the uni because they are so much cheaper. However, most agents told me I need to move in as a group, meaning that me myself as a single student won’t be their premium choice. I’m looking for 3/4more people for houses within 20-30min walk away from Canterbury campus. The price range on the websites I was looking at is around 100-120 pounds per week. Any volunteers? Hopefully you don’t smoke or just smoke in your own room! :smile:Also I’m not from the UK, so it would be the best if at least one of my roommates could be a local to guide us through (it’s still fine if not 😂)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Leah0416
Hi! I’ll be doing MSc Computer Science in the University of Kent from 2023. I’ve been looking at houses outside the uni because they are so much cheaper. However, most agents told me I need to move in as a group, meaning that me myself as a single student won’t be their premium choice. I’m looking for 3/4more people for houses within 20-30min walk away from Canterbury campus. The price range on the websites I was looking at is around 100-120 pounds per week. Any volunteers? Hopefully you don’t smoke or just smoke in your own room! :smile:Also I’m not from the UK, so it would be the best if at least one of my roommates could be a local to guide us through (it’s still fine if not 😂)

When I’m 2023 are you starting?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Idkwhattodo:(
When I’m 2023 are you starting?

September I believe… problem is I don’t know if I can pay the landlord straight up because I don’t have a UK guarantee

Hi there, if you're struggling to find a full group to move in with, then I highly recommend the website SpareRoom, here's a link https://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/canterbury this is where people can advertise any spare rooms in the house shares so that you can either advertise your own or apply to live with some of the people on there. The Canterbury Resident's Facebook groups are also a good place to advertise for housemates or spare rooms if you have already chosen a house, you can then also list your requirements for any potential flatmates.
Hopefully, this helps narrow down your search a bit more :smile:
All the best,
Beth, UKC Rep
hi! im looking for at least 2 more housemates maybe, we can look at each others houses and see which is best mine is 460 pcm 6 bedrooms and 1 studio, i really wanted the studio but same as you they said i need to be in a group.

message me if your interested thanks

hi! im looking for at least 2 more housemates maybe, we can look at each others houses and see which is best mine is 460 pcm 6 bedrooms and 1 studio, i really wanted the studio but same as you they said i need to be in a group.

message me if your interested thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending