The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey SAMMI interview

hiii
I've been offered an interview at Surrey and have read the sheet about how the SAMMI interviews work. I've seen I get 4 mins to talk and at the 2 min mark they ask if there's anything else to add. I've done practice questions and am struggling to talk for 4 minutes without waffling or repeating myself over and over, so I was wondering if there's an end question button (perhaps after the 2 minute mark) so that I can end the question if I run out of things to say? Ty for the help :smile:
Reply 1
You would probably get more answers if you post this on the 2023 veterinary medicine applicant thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7040159&p=97789603&page=38#post97789603
(edited 1 year ago)
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by Euapp
You would probably get more answers if you post this on the 2023 veterinary medicine applicant thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7040159&p=97789603&page=38#post97789603

ah okay thank you !! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by swolehol
ah okay thank you !! :smile:

You’re welcome ☺️
Original post by swolehol
hiii
I've been offered an interview at Surrey and have read the sheet about how the SAMMI interviews work. I've seen I get 4 mins to talk and at the 2 min mark they ask if there's anything else to add. I've done practice questions and am struggling to talk for 4 minutes without waffling or repeating myself over and over, so I was wondering if there's an end question button (perhaps after the 2 minute mark) so that I can end the question if I run out of things to say? Ty for the help :smile:

hello I also got invited to a SAMMI but I'm still trying to understand how the whole thing works! on the pdf guide, it states being able to do a practice interview, I would recommend doing that beforehand just so you are more familiar with it
Do you guys know where I can find any SAMMI practice interviews/ questions? Also heard the Surrey interview is quite different from other unis so fingers crossed, going to try to prepare everything

Spoiler

Original post by maddygreatorex
Do you guys know where I can find any SAMMI practice interviews/ questions? Also heard the Surrey interview is quite different from other unis so fingers crossed, going to try to prepare everything
Original post by Maryamnk

Spoiler

I was also really worried as I actually couldn't access the practice link on the guide but when you actually start the interview they do a little practice run of how the questions will appear and stuff to get you familiar, it's pretty straightforward but good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by Maryamnk

Spoiler

hello just wanna know the answer as well
Original post by ana.tipter
hello just wanna know the answer as well

Hi there!

I recommend you reach out to your department to ask about this. The Admissions Team will also be able to clarify this for you. You can contact them on this page.

I hope this helps!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc
Original post by Chantal_
hello I also got invited to a SAMMI but I'm still trying to understand how the whole thing works! on the pdf guide, it states being able to do a practice interview, I would recommend doing that beforehand just so you are more familiar with it

Hi did you figure out how it worked and how did it go? Did they ask questions orr
Original post by abir23am
Hi did you figure out how it worked and how did it go? Did they ask questions orr

Hey , obviously can't tell anything specific , but the questions were quite random , almost SJT like scenarios and you had to be ready to say how you would act of what you think of certain concepts. Is good to stay confident no matter what :smile:
Original post by anamaria2004
Hey , obviously can't tell anything specific , but the questions were quite random , almost SJT like scenarios and you had to be ready to say how you would act of what you think of certain concepts. Is good to stay confident no matter what :smile:

Thank youu ! I deffo need to practice since I struggle with anxiety 😭
Original post by abir23am
Thank youu ! I deffo need to practice since I struggle with anxiety 😭

Definitely practice! I have found other vetmed applicants to talk to and we did one on one mock interviews with eacother and it helped me inmensly because I was so shy in the beginning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending