The Student Room Group

George Eustace: The Australian trade deal was a failure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63627801

So one of the co-conspirators of Brexit now starting to admit something of what he supported is a complete and utter shambles. It’s about time all of these people were put on trial for the irreversible damage that they’ve done to this country.
(edited 1 year ago)
I disagree with Eustice.

The trade deal allows skilled people like myself to visa queue jump. I can use that to obtain a better standard living, meet my aspiration of homeownership, and enjoy better weather.

Leave Brexit Britain to those that voted for Brexit and are now getting their wishes in seeing Britain return to what is was before we joined the EU, namely the sick man of Europe.
Original post by Crazed cat lady
I disagree with Eustice.

The trade deal allows skilled people like myself to visa queue jump. I can use that to obtain a better standard living, meet my aspiration of homeownership, and enjoy better weather.

Leave Brexit Britain to those that voted for Brexit and are now getting their wishes in seeing Britain return to what is was before we joined the EU, namely the sick man of Europe.

This is where I find myself deeply conflicted on this. I hate Brexit, I hate what it has done to my cost of living. I hate that I had my freedom of movement taken away against my will. I hate that overall the health of the country has plummeted because of an ideologically xenophobic few who conned the working classes into voting for this…

However that is the point, overwhelmingly the working classes voted for this, and you can say it was a protest vote, or that they were conned by the only people who would make to benefit from Brexit; because both of those reasons are true, however they were warned, countless times about the impact of their decision. I find myself conflicted because I want these halfwits to truly understand the damage that they’ve done to this country. Part of me with the cost of living crisis wants to give these people no support. They voted to make themselves poorer, what are they complaining about? They got what they wanted.
Only time will tell how much of a success or failure post-deal trading between the UK and Australia will be.
It will be interesting to view the numbers of UK citizens that seek to take advantage of the potential for medium to long term migration to Australia over the next few years.

I wish the best of luck to all those single nationality uk citizens who seek to relocate themselves to Australia asap so that they will have access to a higher standard of living overseas, warmer wealther and will never have to return to UK territories using any HO agency issued blue passport. :cool:
It probably didn't help that we had a Foreign Secretary who cancelled meetings based on whether or not she could post about them on Instagram.
This would be a significant issue if I thought that trade agreements were the be all and end all of Brexit.

I actually agree with Eustice but this is not surprising given that the establishment only mildly changed and has little imagination not desire to break from the level playing field and restore industrial dominance.
Original post by Rakas21
This would be a significant issue if I thought that trade agreements were the be all and end all of Brexit.

I actually agree with Eustice but this is not surprising given that the establishment only mildly changed and has little imagination not desire to break from the level playing field and restore industrial dominance.

Of course the conservative establishment aren’t going to change when idiots keep falling for their “we are good with the economy” shtick and actively endorsing them at the ballot box.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending