The Student Room Group

A-level English Language and Literature Study Group 2022-2023

Scroll to see replies

I’ve a revision guide on othello if u want any tips from
It shoot me a message
Original post by ebyrne2036
I’ve a revision guide on othello if u want any tips from
It shoot me a message

Ahh thank you so much, I’ll give you a message now!
Original post by sebmilm123
oh okay no worries! yeh, my teacher said it prob won’t be a diary or a reportage! that’s helpful, thanks! do you have insta so we can talk about it? my insta is seb_millam18.

Insta keeps crashing and stuff for me, so when it opens (if it does, I think you need two posts or something) we can chat on private message or continue here! (I know it’s not ideal, sorry about that :frown: )
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 23
Original post by SeizeTheStory
Insta keeps crashing and stuff for me, so when it opens (if it does, I think you need two posts or something) we can chat on private message or continue here! (I know it’s not ideal, sorry about that :frown: )

no worries! how do you feel about the exam next week and how did your teacher predict those texts?
no worries! how do you feel about the exam next week and how did your teacher predict those texts?

Okay, little worried but I guess that’s normal! I’m just hoping it’s not ‘A ride of two halves’ . My teacher came to that conclusion after looking through all the papers, what’s going on in the world and what they haven’t used for a bit! How about you?
Reply 25
Okay, little worried but I guess that’s normal! I’m just hoping it’s not ‘A ride of two halves’ . My teacher came to that conclusion after looking through all the papers, what’s going on in the world and what they haven’t used for a bit! How about you?

ah yeh fair enough, i don’t mind a ride if two halves! but i’m just about to do a practise question on one of the speeches so really hope it’s that aha! shall we chat in insta, my insta is seb_millam18
does anyone have any predictions for wjec as lit and lang poetry exam tomorrow? praying its the darkling thrush but my teacher is convinced its going to be god's grandeur and something to do with climate change or something on the king and ozymandias or satircal elergy
Original post by Curiousg30rg3
Anyone doing ocr?

yep
Reply 28
hi all, anyone doing edexcel english lit and lang? anyone got any predicted questions (what anthology text+all my sons predictions) and the great gatsby ?

i'm doing the same texts, my teacher thinks the AMS extract/question might involve Ann since her role hasn't been explored much in past years, so I'd go over her key moments in the play. wish I knew what was coming for Gastby/Larkin though
Is anyone doing AQA? How're you feeling about the exam on Wednesday? :h:
Reply 30
Original post by le-cygne
i'm doing the same texts, my teacher thinks the AMS extract/question might involve Ann since her role hasn't been explored much in past years, so I'd go over her key moments in the play. wish I knew what was coming for Gastby/Larkin though

hi, oh nice! okay, havw you got any predictions for the anthology? and yeh it might involve Ann although last year it was “dramatic significance of larry’s letter” and had ann in the extract
Reply 31
hi, oh nice! okay, havw you got any predictions for the anthology? and yeh it might involve Ann although last year it was “dramatic significance of larry’s letter” and had ann in the extract

yeah you're right, I've looked at the past papers and they've had questions focusing on Ann, Keller, Kate, George, and Jim/Sue so that leaves Chris as an unexplored character. maybe they'll use an extract with one of his monologues on social responsibility? no idea for the anthology but I'll be ok with anything but Jessica Read's reportage lol
ah yeh fair enough, i don’t mind a ride if two halves! but i’m just about to do a practise question on one of the speeches so really hope it’s that aha! shall we chat in insta, my insta is seb_millam18

How are you feeling for tomorrow??
Reply 33
How are you feeling for tomorrow??

i’ve got it Thursday! have you got it tomorrow? edexcel english lit/lang? if you have it tomorrow then please let me know what the texts are etc 😭
Reply 34
Original post by le-cygne
yeah you're right, I've looked at the past papers and they've had questions focusing on Ann, Keller, Kate, George, and Jim/Sue so that leaves Chris as an unexplored character. maybe they'll use an extract with one of his monologues on social responsibility? no idea for the anthology but I'll be ok with anything but Jessica Read's reportage lol

yeh maybe, it could be on chris? i just hope it’s good / i hope it’s what your teacher said aka the kings speech or the Diana one
Reply 35
If anyone's doing AQA lit and lang tomorrow, do you have any predictions on what will come up? and what last-minute revision are you doing? Thanks :smile:
Hi everyone! :smile: Just to let you know, I've created some exam chat threads for this subject. You can find paper 1 here and paper 2 here. Good luck!

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

x

Reply 37
Original post by tealeavees
Is anyone doing AQA? How're you feeling about the exam on Wednesday? :h:

Hiya, I'm doing AQA :smile: I'm most nervous for Paris but I think the exam will go alright overall. I haven't had any of my A-Levels yet so this is my first one so I'm stressing a bit about that but I'm sure it will go okay, how are you feeling?
Original post by Pwca
Hi everyone! :smile: Just to let you know, I've created some exam chat threads for this subject. You can find paper 1 here and paper 2 here. Good luck!

A-level English Literature and Language

Realign your Ying and Yang by checking out our Lit and Lan threads above!
Reply 39
does anyone doing AQA have any predictions for Paris/Poetry? specifically carol ann duffy^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending