The Student Room Group

data science bsc. any tips on personal statements?????

any tips on what to write/useful resources or any relevant work experience that can be helpful ?
Reply 1
To be honest there's not a lot of relavent work experiences you could possibly put on. What I did was just talk about my general work experience and how important maths is to it. I also talked about programming courses i've taken to show enthusiasm and knowledge around the subject and used sample personal statements from studential and other websites that were cs/maths based and sort of based the structure on them.
Reply 2
thank you so much!! what sort of work experience was it if you don't mind me asking ? Also I don't take cs so my programming skills aren't so good would that put me at a disadvantage
Original post by _OSHii
To be honest there's not a lot of relavent work experiences you could possibly put on. What I did was just talk about my general work experience and how important maths is to it. I also talked about programming courses i've taken to show enthusiasm and knowledge around the subject and used sample personal statements from studential and other websites that were cs/maths based and sort of based the structure on them.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ikk73433
thank you so much!! what sort of work experience was it if you don't mind me asking ? Also I don't take cs so my programming skills aren't so good would that put me at a disadvantage

It was just pharmacy work experience, I didn't know what I wanted to do at the time and my parents were insisting on medicine. I don't take CS either so I just talked about some free programming courses I took, and just general reading around the subject. From what I understand they teach you everything from the first year anyway, and you can supplement that by teaching yourself too. Because of A-levels I can't really teach myself but I for sure will teach myself with the degree.
Original post by _OSHii
It was just pharmacy work experience, I didn't know what I wanted to do at the time and my parents were insisting on medicine. I don't take CS either so I just talked about some free programming courses I took, and just general reading around the subject. From what I understand they teach you everything from the first year anyway, and you can supplement that by teaching yourself too. Because of A-levels I can't really teach myself but I for sure will teach myself with the degree.

Hi, thanks for your information. it also helped me as i am also thinking to apply for data science for 2024 cycle.
if you dont mind can i ask what were your predicted grades and which unis did you applied for?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending