The Student Room Group

Recommended reading for MORSE / applied maths degree

I'm currently a year 12 student thinking of applying to do MORSE or potentially data science at university next year and I'm starting to build a bank of things I've done surrounding the subject to write about in my personal statement. What books would you recommend reading during this time to talk about in my personal statement?
Original post by Amberm11
I'm currently a year 12 student thinking of applying to do MORSE or potentially data science at university next year and I'm starting to build a bank of things I've done surrounding the subject to write about in my personal statement. What books would you recommend reading during this time to talk about in my personal statement?

Really it can be anything which sparks your interest in the subject, whether it be books or TV shows, or an internship you've been on. It may be that you've undertaken a research project, or voluntarily learned some statistical analysis software - as long as in your statement you talk about what sparked your interest/motivates you in D.S., what you've done to nurture that interest, and what you've learned/skills developed/what has it taught you about Data Science and how is that relevant to a degree. Any other questions feel free to ask!

Best,
Jake
Year 3, BSc Mathematics with Physics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending