The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I honestly don't understand what the argument is. The driver ran a red light, was pulled over by the police, stupidly decided to flee, and crashed into a garden wall at 80mph when the police pursued them.

How is this anyone but the driver's fault?
MeAndBubbles
Allegedly a car jumped a red light early Sunday, 3.30am. They'd been to a nightclub. Ok, that time of day no bugger is normally about and where they were stopped is a hugh hugh roundabout, good vision.

In the grand scheme of things a red light isn't that important at 3.30 in the morning. What do you think?

That you're the sort of person that would also start a thread complaining about the police if they had not given chase and it turned out the people in that car had just murdered a faimly or something.
A is for Awesome
I honestly don't understand what the argument is. The driver ran a red light, was pulled over by the police, stupidly decided to flee, and crashed into a garden wall at 80mph when the police pursued them.

How is this anyone but the driver's fault?

Quite. By all accounts the police were some way behind them too because they were going so fast.
level_red
Wow thats nice. Some poor bastard hops the lights, is scared ******** by sirens around him and is eventually caught.

Nice way to ruin someones life jerkoff.

Honestly what a bunch of ******. People are not infallable and all this **** condemming them etc is extremely heartless.

Since when is driving away from sirens at 80mph through a built up area an acceptable response?
The driver absolutely deserves to be condemned.

People in this country have no respect for the police. If you are flashed, you pull over, end. You don't try and escape like a moron, and you certainly don't endanger the lives of your passangers and of innocent bystanders by driving at stupid speeds.
Reply 124
level_red
Wow thats nice. Some poor bastard hops the lights, is scared ******** by sirens around him and is eventually caught.

Honestly what a bunch of ******. People are not infallable and all this **** condemming them etc is extremely heartless.

I've been pulled over by police for jumping a red light and they didn't even ticket me, didn't exactly ruin my life that, taught me a lesson more than anything. The consequences would've been minimal if he had stopped, and the police would probably even take into consideration it was 3am, police aren't robots.

I don't see why people think this guy was right and that getting a traffic ticket for this would've been the end of his life in society!

The guy obviously wasn't just running because of the red light!
level_red

it's anyone is a 'jerkoff' it's you

driving is a privelege not a right, when you get a driving licence you accept the additional responsibilities this brings ...

one of which is to stop as soon as it is safe when requested to do by a Police officer in Uniform, PCSO with TW powers , HATO or VOSA enforcement officer

failing to stop is a choice to engage in criminality
Reply 126
level_red

some poor bastard killed two of his passengers and you say he got scared ... he started the pursuit and if he ws scared he would have stopped. I think people condoning what he did is also extremely heartless as well
Are you saying it may have happened because of the fault of the police? The driver jumped a red light (doesn't really matter what time of the day/night it was does it?). The police then tried to stop the car but it wouldn't stop, travelling at speeds of about 80mph to get away, could of even killed some poor pedestrians too. Hmmm?
M_J
I live in Oldham, quite a shocking case really!
Truth is though, the policeman was doing his job, he wasn't in the wrong at all.
Such a shame though, loss of 3 young lives :frown: One of the men had a 7 year old son as well I heard :frown:

yeh, the girls had 3 children between them.
Reply 129
MeAndBubbles

still does not justify what you're saying
Reply 130
MeAndBubbles

Aww :frown: I drove past the scene today... so many flowers :frown:
Such a sad story.
M_J
Aww :frown: I drove past the scene today... so many flowers :frown:
Such a sad story.

arhh did you.... my running route is 100m from it.. i asked God to take them and that they'll be in a better place. When I worked on Saturday I'd go past that spot.:s-smilie: I think they died quick, except one whose in Hope hospital.
Reply 132
MeAndBubbles
arhh did you.... my running route is 100m from it.. i asked God to take them and that they'll be in a better place. When I worked on Saturday I'd go past that spot.:s-smilie: I think they died quick, except one whose in Hope hospital.

Yeah :[ Was going to Middleton.
Yeah :frown:
I hope she pulls through. Probably be brain damaged etc though poor girl :frown:
You seen the pictures of the two passengers that died? :frown:
Reply 133
MeAndBubbles

most likely illegitimate children born out of wedlock
fordred
most likely illegitimate children born out of wedlock

And that makes it better that their mothers died?
Reply 135
MeAndBubbles

just heard on the radio the driver was disqualified. I still blame him and not the cops. I can understand you and MJ would have more emotions on this as you live near there.
Reply 136
minimo156
just heard on the radio the driver was disqualified. I still blame him and not the cops. I can understand you and MJ would have more emotions on this as you live near there.

I think it is the drivers fault also, incase you thought I didn't!
and yeah.. its so shocking when something so serious happens 5/10mins away :frown:
Reply 137
M_J
and yeah.. its so shocking when something so serious happens 5/10mins away :frown:

oh... i thought you blamed the rozzers as well

The radio is my alam and when i heard that he was disqualified i (being half asleep) shouted "that son of a ......" :mad: He doesn't deserve any flowers.
M_J

yeh, i've seen pics..the girl in hosptial is beautiful. Not been to Asda, everyone going there would see the flowers.

Latest

Trending

Trending