The Student Room Group

Jcb business apprenticeship

So I need to submit my presentation on achievements I’ve had to show I’d be good for working at JCB, but have no clue what to do it about, has anyone ever done them before and who did you present it too? and what was the day like in general?
Original post by ViNNiE_B
So I need to submit my presentation on achievements I’ve had to show I’d be good for working at JCB, but have no clue what to do it about, has anyone ever done them before and who did you present it too? and what was the day like in general?

How long did it take you to get a response from JCB after your online application? I’m still waiting.
Reply 2
Original post by student1o1
How long did it take you to get a response from JCB after your online application? I’m still waiting.

It took a week for me to get a responce, and then i moved into a self recorded online interview which then took around another week to hear back from, and now im going to stafford to give a presentation and interview on the 11th
I’m still waiting for a response for my online application…hopefully not bad news. Good luck with your presentation!

It took a week for me to get a responce, and then i moved into a self recorded online interview which then took around another week to hear back from, and now im going to stafford to give a presentation and interview on the 11th
How was ur presentation? What was the experience like?

Reply 5
It went quite well tbh, did jt too fast but said everything I wanted too and only had to present to 2 people which was a big relief and the group activity was making a decision based on the facts they gave us. Was a great experience just wish I had time to go to the gift shop before the drive home

How was ur presentation? What was the experience like?
That sounds good. Hopefully you’re successful in the role!

It went quite well tbh, did jt too fast but said everything I wanted too and only had to present to 2 people which was a big relief and the group activity was making a decision based on the facts they gave us. Was a great experience just wish I had time to go to the gift shop before the drive home
Reply 7

What questions were u asked in ur self recorded interviews? And how did u prep??
Reply 8
What questions were u asked in ur self recorded interviews? And how did u prep??

it was a little while ago now but ill try my best to remember. one of the questions was about understanding the history of the company (so make sure you know your stuff) and in all honesty i cant remember the others. Sorry about that! but they were quite standard questions that could be answered on the spot. was mostly so they could get a chance to get to know you. and at the end it gave the chance to record another so you can add anything that you felt wasnt covered in the other videos - this is a good tool to use but make sure you dont just waffle as that would make it pointless. only prep i can recommend is to know their history (only start date, founder and a few events would be necessary) and i know this is very much over said, but just be yourself as this is their first chance to get to know you and for you to make your first impression
Reply 9
it was a little while ago now but ill try my best to remember. one of the questions was about understanding the history of the company (so make sure you know your stuff) and in all honesty i cant remember the others. Sorry about that! but they were quite standard questions that could be answered on the spot. was mostly so they could get a chance to get to know you. and at the end it gave the chance to record another so you can add anything that you felt wasnt covered in the other videos - this is a good tool to use but make sure you dont just waffle as that would make it pointless. only prep i can recommend is to know their history (only start date, founder and a few events would be necessary) and i know this is very much over said, but just be yourself as this is their first chance to get to know you and for you to make your first impression

There is a timer isn’t there? Did u use up all the time given or just cut it of when u finished?
Reply 10
There is a timer isn’t there? Did u use up all the time given or just cut it of when u finished?

There is a 2 minute timer, I thought that it wouldn't be long enough but in reality it was a struggle to drag it out longer. You could end the timer at any time, so i skipped the left over time once i had said everything i needed too.
Reply 11

what questions were asked in the self recorded online interview
Reply 12
Original post by mnoor2
what questions were asked in the self recorded online interview

Have u done it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending