The Student Room Group

Applying to MSc while being in MSci

Hey there,

I'm currently in my 3rd year of my MSci in Theoretical Physics. I have been considering switching back to a BSc to apply to other more interesting to me MSc at other Universities.

When it comes to applications for Master's degrees, naturally they ask you the type of undergraduate degree you are in. My plan is to put MSci with graduation in July 2024 but then in Personal Statements to mention that I will switch back to BSc if I have an offer. I can't just switch back and lose my spot at my current university just in case I don't get anything else.

What do you think, would they be understandable ?
Original post by saumonartichaut
Hey there,

I'm currently in my 3rd year of my MSci in Theoretical Physics. I have been considering switching back to a BSc to apply to other more interesting to me MSc at other Universities.

When it comes to applications for Master's degrees, naturally they ask you the type of undergraduate degree you are in. My plan is to put MSci with graduation in July 2024 but then in Personal Statements to mention that I will switch back to BSc if I have an offer. I can't just switch back and lose my spot at my current university just in case I don't get anything else.

What do you think, would they be understandable ?

It would be clearer to say BSc as that is the degree you are currently on, the M part is the 4th year and that won't be happening for the purposes of this application.
Original post by threeportdrift
It would be clearer to say BSc as that is the degree you are currently on, the M part is the 4th year and that won't be happening for the purposes of this application.

i understand but on my transcript it says MSci. So how can I clear up the confusion?
i understand but on my transcript it says MSci. So how can I clear up the confusion?

I don't see how it's going to be confusing. Presumably you are going to explain in the 'why you want to do this degree' part of the application that you prefer the modules.
Reply 4
Hi I am having the same problem now, how did you clarify the confusion or just to ignore it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending