The Student Room Group

ucas similarity report

hi, on my Ucas is has says 'Ucas similarity report,' how do I check the percentage because nothing is coming up?
Original post by z8846
hi, on my Ucas is has says 'Ucas similarity report,' how do I check the percentage because nothing is coming up?

According to UCAS (here), with emphasis added by me, "If we detect any similarities between your statement and these sources, we alert you and the universities or colleges you have applied to. We produce a report showing the passages of text we have identified as being similar, and pass this on to the universities. It is then up to them how they respond, and they may contact you to discuss the report."

That would suggest that you don't get to see the similarity report unless one of the universities to which you've applied contacts you about it.

Edited to add that having read a little more about similarity reports, you should be able to see the report. If you can't, the advice in their FAQ is to "Please contact our Customer Experience Centre on 0371 468 0 468 (UK) or +44 330 3330 230 (International) for advice.

We’re open Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 18:00 (UK time)"
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
According to UCAS (here), with emphasis added by me, "If we detect any similarities between your statement and these sources, we alert you and the universities or colleges you have applied to. We produce a report showing the passages of text we have identified as being similar, and pass this on to the universities. It is then up to them how they respond, and they may contact you to discuss the report."

That would suggest that you don't get to see the similarity report unless one of the universities to which you've applied contacts you about it.

Edited to add that having read a little more about similarity reports, you should be able to see the report. If you can't, the advice in their FAQ is to "Please contact our Customer Experience Centre on 0371 468 0 468 (UK) or +44 330 3330 230 (International) for advice.

We’re open Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 18:00 (UK time)"

ah okay thank you! sorry i was just confused because other people on TSR says on their application it says ‘no similarities found’
Original post by z8846
ah okay thank you! sorry i was just confused because other people on TSR says on their application it says ‘no similarities found’

Has yours changed to 'no similarities found' or is it still the same? Because mine also shows the ucas similarity report and says 'If similarities in your personal statement have been detected, the Similarity Report section will display a colour-coded similarity report. If we have not detected similarities in your personal statement, this section will appear blank'.
Reply 4
Original post by unknown12687878
Has yours changed to 'no similarities found' or is it still the same? Because mine also shows the ucas similarity report and says 'If similarities in your personal statement have been detected, the Similarity Report section will display a colour-coded similarity report. If we have not detected similarities in your personal statement, this section will appear blank'.

hey mine is still the same. i’ve got 2 offers from uni so i think it should be fine?? because if there was similarities i’m sure they would’ve emailed me before giving the offer
Original post by z8846
hey mine is still the same. i’ve got 2 offers from uni so i think it should be fine?? because if there was similarities i’m sure they would’ve emailed me before giving the offer

Maybe in past years they used to say no similarities found then? And congrats!!
Reply 6
Original post by unknown12687878
Maybe in past years they used to say no similarities found then? And congrats!!

maybe🤷🏽*♀️ thank you sm!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending