The Student Room Group

Ockenden Report - Midwifery

Hi all. I am in the process of finalising my personal statement for midwifery course. I have read few books about midwifery but most common advice was to read the Ockenden report.
I am halfway through and really struggling to keep my focus, I find it it’s same over same in each chapter. 250 pages of it! Anyone else found that?
Also, struggling to find a way to tie it into my personal statement. Any advice please? 🙏🏻
So far I have covered my passion and advocacy for woman and their choices, my personal experience and relevant skills, talked about NICE and my understanding of the role.

Thank you for any advice 🙏🏻🤍
Hi there,

When writing my medicine personal statement I read a few medical related books. I think that in terms of finishing them all, I definitely didn't, I chose to read the parts which I found interesting and which I thought would be beneficial to my personal statement.
I think that when writing your personal statement think about the ways what you have read link into the course and what you have learned by reading it.

I hope this helps,

Ellen
Y4 Medical Student
Uni of Sunderland
Original post by Ingagarrity
Hi all. I am in the process of finalising my personal statement for midwifery course. I have read few books about midwifery but most common advice was to read the Ockenden report.
I am halfway through and really struggling to keep my focus, I find it it’s same over same in each chapter. 250 pages of it! Anyone else found that?
Also, struggling to find a way to tie it into my personal statement. Any advice please? 🙏🏻
So far I have covered my passion and advocacy for woman and their choices, my personal experience and relevant skills, talked about NICE and my understanding of the role.

Thank you for any advice 🙏🏻🤍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending