The Student Room Group

Under 21's at Centre Parcs

Me and some mates (all 18, two 19) are planning to book centre parcs for a 3-night stay, but I see it says you have to be over 21 to book. Can we get a parent to book, come to check-in incase we need id, and then leave us for the weekend?
No

Important information before you book
Where the majority of the party is under 21 or includes any person(s) who are normally closely supervised, there must be sufficient capable and responsible adults over the age of 21, in every accommodation unit to provide adequate supervision for the party and each member of it. One such identified person must be present for the duration of the break and accept overall responsibility for the whole party. The name and contact details of this person must also be confirmed on arrival at your village.
Bloody stupid if you ask me, as you can be married with children of your own at younger than 21, but they're entitled to their own stupid rules as a private company
hii!

i had this same concern, me and my friend both 19 and 20 wanted to go, I gave their customer service line a ring and had this response:

you are allowed to book however it has to be for a 1 bedroom apartment only with a twin room if you are going with other people and it has to be a payment and booking made over the phone for this as it does go against their terms and conditions. Basically, as people have said before on these forums they are doing this to avoid large groups of young people making 'trouble' on their sites, you have to provide ID on booking to clarify you are over 18 and provide the same ID on arrival, in an apartment they are closely monitored by staff which is why i imagine they allow it in comparison to a lodge, frustrating i know! me and my friend I arent the type of behave inappropriately or cause grief to other people, a stupid rule but i hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest