The Student Room Group

Woodhouse applicants 2023

Hi, am not sure if there is a thread for this year’s Woodhouse applicants. Have found threads for last few years. Anyone who has applied this year heard anything yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by VickyV
Hi, am not sure if there is a thread for this year’s Woodhouse applicants. Have found threads for last few years. Anyone who has applied this year heard anything yet?

I've applied to Woodhouse but I don't know if I'll pick it as LAET is a very good sixth form too. I haven''t heard of anything from them yet after the application and reference received/accepted.
Original post by VickyV

I haven't received a conditional offer but I attended a music audition to see if I'm qualified to do the course. I'm pretty sure conditional offers are going to be sent out very soon (end of March, start of April) :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by HunterAlice
I haven't received a conditional offer but I attended a music audition to see if I'm qualified to do the course. I'm pretty sure conditional offers are going to be sent out very soon (end of March, start of April) :smile:

Fingers crossed we hear something soon. I looked on last year’s posts and someone had an offer on 10 March.
Reply 4

How did your audition go?

Original post by VickyV
Fingers crossed we hear something soon. I looked on last year’s posts and someone had an offer on 10 March.

I saw that too and started to panick because I haven’t heard anything back but I’m glad I’m not the only one
(edited 1 year ago)
VickyV

My audition went very well thankyou

BTW what subjects have you applied for ?
Reply 7
VickyV

My audition went very well thankyou

BTW what subjects have you applied for ?

Maths, FM, Physics, Chem
I received an offer today! did anyone else?
Original post by User0734807983
I received an offer today! did anyone else?

Yes I got one too! Very happy.
Reply 10
Yes, I had an offer too - now have to get the grades - fingers crossed
Original post by VickyV
Yes, I had an offer too - now have to get the grades - fingers crossed

Nice. What subjects?
Reply 12
Original post by Mathsgirl888
Nice. What subjects?

Maths, FM, Chemistry, Physics. And you?
Original post by VickyV
Maths, FM, Chemistry, Physics. And you?

Ahh cool! Mine are similar actually- maths, f.maths, physics and computer science
Reply 14
For those who have an offer. After you have accepted is the online system meant to update to show that you have accepted? The letter said you should login to check that the system shows you have accepted but when I login it just says offer made.
yes mine says i have accepted the offer. If u are unsure u can always email them and ask if u have accepted it correctly.

Original post by VickyV
For those who have an offer. After you have accepted is the online system meant to update to show that you have accepted? The letter said you should login to check that the system shows you have accepted but when I login it just says offer made.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Pimpek
Thats so cool well done! If you dont mind me asking, do you go to one of their partner secondary schools?

No, I don’t go to one of their partner schools. I live about 45 mins away on public transport.
Reply 17
Original post by User0734807983
(Original post by VickyV)For those who have an offer. After you have accepted is the online system meant to update to show that you have accepted? The letter said you should login to check that the system shows you have accepted but when I login it just says offer made.
yes mine says i have accepted the offer. If u are unsure u can always email them and ask if u have accepted it correctly.

Ah, thanks for replying, the system has updated today and now it’s showing that I’ve accepted it.
Original post by Pimpek
Oh okay. Im just asking everyone because I live very close to the college and mostly have the top grades however I was put on the waitlist, so I'm kinda confused. If you don't mind me asking, again, what grades are u predicted at gcse? :smile:

Hey. That’s quite unusual. I live around an hour away from the college and I got an offer too. At least your on the waiting list though - that’s not a no! Is it your first choice?
Reply 19
Original post by Pimpek
Oh okay. Im just asking everyone because I live very close to the college and mostly have the top grades however I was put on the waitlist, so I'm kinda confused. If you don't mind me asking, again, what grades are u predicted at gcse? :smile:

Have been predicted 8s and 9s. Do they tell people where they are on the waiting list? Maybe that’s not possible as I guess it depends on subject combinations. There are older posts on here about waiting list movement from previous years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending