The Student Room Group

year 13 feb mock

omg we just did a biology mock which im pretty sure was the a level paper people sat last year 2022 officially AND HOW THE HELL DID PEOPLE GET As ?????? the first paper was so brutal . they shoved in like every practical question known to mankind . i couldnt even figure out what topic half the questions were tryna ask me abt like do u want me to write abt enzyme structure or degenerate code 😭😭????
Ikr. I’m normally the A student and I got a C+. People were freaking out. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. :smile:
Original post by prettywindchimes
omg we just did a biology mock which im pretty sure was the a level paper people sat last year 2022 officially AND HOW THE HELL DID PEOPLE GET As ?????? the first paper was so brutal . they shoved in like every practical question known to mankind . i couldnt even figure out what topic half the questions were tryna ask me abt like do u want me to write abt enzyme structure or degenerate code 😭😭????

Heya!
It takes a lot of hard work and practice by doing past papers :h: Go through each topic and do practice questions by topic, then check the mark scheme and note down how you can improve your answer for next time. If it helps, Study Mind has free bio practice questions and revision notes by topic!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by Forgotten one
Ikr. I’m normally the A student and I got a C+. People were freaking out. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. :smile:

omg literally, i was hoping for an A* but as soon as i saw the first question in tht paper i was like yeah nope !!!!!! i just checked my grade for it now lol and i barely just scraped a C- 😭😭 i forgot my calculator as well so i was sitting there tryna do the index diversity question without a calculator omfgggg . as soon as we all left the exam hall, we were all literally like "what on god's good earth was that fkin paper😭😭" . i usually find bio pretty easy but now this mock got me rethinking everything cos tell me why i was like hyperventilating for nearly every question .
omg literally, i was hoping for an A* but as soon as i saw the first question in tht paper i was like yeah nope !!!!!! i just checked my grade for it now lol and i barely just scraped a C- 😭😭 i forgot my calculator as well so i was sitting there tryna do the index diversity question without a calculator omfgggg . as soon as we all left the exam hall, we were all literally like "what on god's good earth was that fkin paper😭😭" . i usually find bio pretty easy but now this mock got me rethinking everything cos tell me why i was like hyperventilating for nearly every question .

Yeah. That was pretty much me in every A-level subject I took. I’m hoping things would go better in the actual exams. But I also haven’t done anything to improve myself so we’ll see how this goes. 🤣
Original post by Forgotten one
Yeah. That was pretty much me in every A-level subject I took. I’m hoping things would go better in the actual exams. But I also haven’t done anything to improve myself so we’ll see how this goes. 🤣

crazy this is like a month late but our first exam is on the 7th and like my revision is so scarce so far i gotta try nd finish all content in the next two days . hoping things go well for u x

I did that paper last year (resitting this year) safe to say I cried during the exam and got a C overall
Original post by emmyisthebest01
I did that paper last year (resitting this year) safe to say I cried during the exam and got a C overall

ah gosh to be honest our class average for this paper when we did it for the mock was like a D for paper 1 and even worst for paper 2 😭😭😭 TO BE HONEST WHEN I WAS DOING THE PAPER I WAS SO CLOSE TO JUST HAVING A PANIC ATTACK OR SOMETHING god if tht was my real paper i wud have flopped SO BAD . half the questions i didnt even understand what it was asking me to write 😭😭 safe to say im never underestimating bio again 😭
ah gosh to be honest our class average for this paper when we did it for the mock was like a D for paper 1 and even worst for paper 2 😭😭😭 TO BE HONEST WHEN I WAS DOING THE PAPER I WAS SO CLOSE TO JUST HAVING A PANIC ATTACK OR SOMETHING god if tht was my real paper i wud have flopped SO BAD . half the questions i didnt even understand what it was asking me to write 😭😭 safe to say im never underestimating bio again 😭

I hope the paper this year is better honestly

Quick Reply

Latest